Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 06 LBZ with close to 180,000 miles on it for a really good price IMO. Would you guys be scared to buy to a LBZ with those miles? The owner says they are mostly highway miles... I have a 06 megacab I'm trying to sell to get a reliable Duramax :rockin

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well it's certainly debateable. IMO, I'd be quite skeptical and look at it from all aspects. 180K miles in 4ish years is A LOT of driving!!! While mileage isn't necessarily a bad thing... a good maintenance schedule for a truck like that is extremely important.

Some questions I'd ask are...

Does it have or had any mods?

Was it a DD or a heavy hauler?

Does the owner have a maintenance spreadsheet on it?

Any major parts replaced? (which a spreadsheet should cover but it doesn't hurt to ask)

Original owner?

Any rot?

Aside from that, take it for a good drive. Listen, listen, and listen some more for anything that might sound out of wack. Let the engine get up to temperature, along with the transmission. Also see how it feels when driving, does it drive straight, ride comfortibly etc. Pull the tranny dipstick and give it a sniff and check out the color of it. If you know anybody who has a DMAX take them along to look at it. LBZ's are great trucks... I absolutely love mine. Hope that helps you a bit...

·
Registered
586 Posts
There is a guy on here with over 400,000 on his LBZ and all he has had to replace was the idler pulley and radiator because the pulley grenade and took it out. This was all after the 400,000 mark.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
If the price is right, I say go for it. The LBZ is a very good engine.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just bought my 06 LBZ with 156k miles on it, bone stock, best thing I ever did:D

Dont know what you're plans are with it but the way I figured it was with the mods I want to do I'll be replacing(upgrading) everything anyways, so why not just get it at a cheaper price?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Bought mine with 152000 now has 165000 no issues except had to change the glo plugs. paid 14500 but it booked for 29000 how do you go wrong. what is the asking price and what kind of shape is it in?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought mine last year last year with 115,000 miles of highway and heavy towing on it. Maintenance is the key. If it was well maintained you'll probably be fine. Mine was worked like a dog but had oil changed religiously at 3000 miles regardless of DIC. All other maintenance was performed on time or early. I know this because I bought it from my Dad. That being said this truck runs like it was new. The only problem I have had is those damn leaking tranny cooler lines. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... I'm going to go check it out today and see what shape it's in. From the pictures it looks to be in awesome condition. I think I could get it for around $17,000. I'm keeping this truck very close to stock :rof... My mega cab was around 650hp and its been having issues lately, so I just want a good DD that I can depend on.... have the 94 to play with now :rockin

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I have 182k trouble free miles.I burnt the transmission up,but it was my fault for adding HP!!:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
mine has 39K miles... time to sell it... its getting old :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
I found a 06 LBZ with close to 180,000 miles on it for a really good price IMO. Would you guys be scared to buy to a LBZ with those miles? The owner says they are mostly highway miles... I have a 06 megacab I'm trying to sell to get a reliable Duramax :rockin

I would not worry too much about it even if it was a heavy hauler. Mine was a heavy haulerl. I bought it from a guy who used it to haul chemicals between oklahoma and west texas on a weekly basis. Bought it with 150k. it has been pretty solid except for a couple of things. Tranny cooler lines, a bad ABS sendor that im too cheap to replace the hub, and a coolant hose on top of the engine. No huge deal except the tranny lines. It has a ton of horsepower, pulls well, and rides smooth. I would not hesitate to buy another truck from the guy. I picked it up for 16500 and it booked for 28k.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just talked to the owner. Bone stock, maintained religiously. He's a salesman so the miles were all done with a pretty much empty truck. He said the only repair was last year and he had to replace the fuel pump and 1 injector. I'm going to go check it out today and hopefully make a deal....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I bought mine a week ago. paid 21 for it and got it with 105k. i couldnt be happier about buying it! :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
so i guess you bought it?if so, congrats!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i guess you bought it?if so, congrats!
Sure did!

Bone stock, runs strong, brakes straight, no leaks, interior is in great shape, bed liner, b&w turnover ball. Pretty happy with the purchase so far... Just have to try and keep it stock :help

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Sure did!

Bone stock, runs strong, brakes straight, no leaks, interior is in great shape, bed liner, b&w turnover ball. Pretty happy with the purchase so far... Just have to try and keep it stock :help
You better stay off this Forum then:D

Performance is an addiction "crack addiction is cheaper I think" and the longer you stay on here the better chance you will start modding your new ride:rockin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You better stay off this Forum then:D

Performance is an addiction "crack addiction is cheaper I think" and the longer you stay on here the better chance you will start modding your new ride:rockin
my old mega cab was around 650hp. Started having too many problems with it so took it back to stock. Just want to keep this truck a reliable DD. Egr block, a good mileage tune from Rob, and open the exhaust up and call it good! I have the 94 cummins to play with now :rockin

here's the old truck.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
my old mega cab was around 650hp. Started having too many problems with it so took it back to stock. Just want to keep this truck a reliable DD. Egr block, a good mileage tune from Rob, and open the exhaust up and call it good! I have the 94 cummins to play with now :rockin

here's the old truck.
Guy walking right behind your truck is lucky you did not have any gravel stuck in your tires:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts