Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as the title says, when i turn to the left i have a really high pitch constant squeek coming from the right driver side.

would this have anything to do with the tie rods?
also would it help if i greased it?

please let me know so i can fix it before it gets too bad

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sort of what i was maybe thinking as well, i remember that happening before my left wheel bearing went out. the right one has not been changed out yet... hmm

thanks for the help
reed

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
My left one started doing the same thing....When they went to replace it when I was deployed the bearing literally had cracked and crumbled when they took it out to replaced.

Best to replace both at the same time....at least thats what my dad always taught me!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the other one was done about 15k miles ago, it cost quite a bit to do at a shop. i think ill do it my self when i decide to get it replaced, and also probably go with timken

·
Registered
238 Posts
if i were you i would jack the truck up so the front tires are off the ground and have someone move and turn the wheel shake the wheel and listen for the squeek it could be wheel hub or tie rods and if your doing this i would go ahead and check idler and pitman arm for play it dont hurt to check but thats what i would do before i came to a conclusion if your not sure

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i were you i would jack the truck up so the front tires are off the ground and have someone move and turn the wheel shake the wheel and listen for the squeek it could be wheel hub or tie rods and if your doing this i would go ahead and check idler and pitman arm for play it dont hurt to check but thats what i would do before i came to a conclusion if your not sure
yea i will do that and see what i can come up with. i know if there is play in the tire it is the bearing. how do i check tie rod and idler and pitman arm?

·
Registered
238 Posts
have someone grab the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock and have them wiggle the tire and look at the arms to see if you can see play in it when he wiggles the tire and the tie rods just check make sure the boot isnt broken and you can pull on them with your hand and if there loose or squeek then there bad my truck was squeeking when i turned and both my inner tie rods were shot usually when you grab the tire at 12 and 6 o'clock and if the tire wiggles then its the wheel hub i think so i would check everything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts