Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to accelerate and a horrible down happened I’m not sure what it was. I took a videos because it lasted til the downshift when I slowed down after that it didn’t happen again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone please

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hard to tell but sounds like maybe low power steering fluid? Just a shot in the dark

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to tell but sounds like maybe low power steering fluid? Just a shot in the dark
I don’t think so. don’t have to turn my wheel at all. It sounds like it’s from the tranny or the engine. Thanks for the reply. Still trying to figure it out it doesn’t happen all the time. It’s doesn’t have as much power when it happens as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m glad I got this on video at least.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a idler pulley bearing go bad and it squeeled like crazy but was higher pitched than that. Can't hear anything underhood??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a idler pulley bearing go bad and it squeeled like crazy but was higher pitched than that. Can't hear anything underhood??

This isn’t all of the time just once in a while. Stops when I’m finally shifts. Only when I’m driving as well. So frustrating.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Too bad the noise isn't made all the time. You could pull your serpentine belt, go for a (short) drive, and see if there was any change. To me, it sounds like power steering pump.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad the noise isn't made all the time. You could pull your serpentine belt, go for a (short) drive, and see if there was any change. To me, it sounds like power steering pump.
It happens maybe every couple weeks or so this is just the first time I got it on video.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh man intermittent problems are the worst!!!!!

Id try to note if the noise is RPM or speed relative. (e.g. drop it down a gear when you hear the noise and see if the RPM change makes it worse or kills the noise) That would be a start

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh man intermittent problems are the worst!!!!!

Id try to note if the noise is RPM or speed relative. (e.g. drop it down a gear when you hear the noise and see if the RPM change makes it worse or kills the noise) That would be a start
That’s a great idea I will try it and I will let everyone know if I ever figure it out. If anyone else has any other ideas please please let me know.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Pull the belt and check the idler pulleys.. I had one going out and made some noise on occasion then go away. In the back of my head I was thinking I should take a look and I didn't, next thing you know I was replacing all the idlers and a new belt

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pull the belt and check the idler pulleys.. I had one going out and made some noise on occasion then go away. In the back of my head I was thinking I should take a look and I didn't, next thing you know I was replacing all the idlers and a new belt
I’m going to go through all of that tomorrow! Thanks. I might just replace all of that anyways can’t be all that expensive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so I just started pulling my trailer around and I’m hearing the noice pretty much at ever stop when accelerating. I feel like it’s my transmission. Tranny temp got up to 230 today while making the noise. I can’t be the only one with this noise.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Is your truck 2WD or 4X4?? If 4X4, were you using that when noise occurs?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is your truck 2WD or 4X4?? If 4X4, were you using that when noise occurs?
4x4 and no I wasn’t using it. It happens every time when I’m hauling a trailer during stop to accelerate. Not as much when I’m not pulling.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts