Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check the top radiator shroud. It connects via a 12MM bolt to I believe the oil filler tube. Loosen it, hold up the shroud and re tighten while holding. Sounds simple, and too good to be true, but I’ve heard this exact sound from the fan barely hitting the shroud under acceleration/deceleration.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Check the top radiator shroud. It connects via a 12MM bolt to I believe the oil filler tube. Loosen it, hold up the shroud and re tighten while holding. Sounds simple, and too good to be true, but I’ve heard this exact sound from the fan barely hitting the shroud under acceleration/deceleration.
I will check into it thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I looked at that and it didn’t even had a bolt in it. Wow I can’t get the noise to come back. I just don’t understand why when I had a trailer on it made the noise more. Maybe the fan was spinning faster? Well I need to get my trailer back on to see if that noise is officially gone but so far so good. I literally don’t believe it. Thank you so much! You’re a rockstar!

·
Registered
78 Posts
No problem! Glad it worked out. That’s one those situations where you immediately think worst case scenario over a simple fix.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts