Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many miles do you guys have on your trucks? would you be comfortable buying one with 150,000 on it or more? i'm very curious about this for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found an '02 crew cab dually with 167,000 rounds on it. real clean. i'm not saying i'm shopping...i'm just saying.:pimp but the wife does need something to replace her tahoe. i really wonder how these are doing in the upper mileage numbers. we never see them after the 3/36 runs out unless it's a d-max warranty issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
do a carfax on it, look it over real good, and finally if the price is right do it. oh wait, and if the wife likes it get it. 167,000 miles unless it's been beat to death it's probably a good buy.

I'd check all ll fluids (oil, tranny, diff.'s).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys seen a few trucks with mileage that high or higher? we don't at the dealership. ever. see them with gas motors quite often but never get a d-max trade in. i know the restof the drivetrain will last. just wonder how many miles a d-max will take. this dually looks decent. it's got me tempted. there's a reg cab long box out here with 90k on it. always liked those too

·
Registered
300 Posts
we don't at the dealership. ever.
I guess that means they are lasting and people arent trading them in. I wouldnt be scard of 150k if the truck hasnt been used hard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you guys seen a few trucks with mileage that high or higher? we don't at the dealership. ever. see them with gas motors quite often but never get a d-max trade in. i know the restof the drivetrain will last. just wonder how many miles a d-max will take. this dually looks decent. it's got me tempted. there's a reg cab long box out here with 90k on it. always liked those too
While out shopping spoke to a guy on his third Dmax, he had put between 250 and 300K on his last 2 without motor rebuild/replacement. Showed me pics of them on trips, pretty much sold me after prior experience. Hope that helps.:cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's very encouraging!! i know the cummins will take a pounding and ford's 7.3 will hold it's own weight. i've heard ford's 6.0l probably won't go past 250k without and overhaul even with all the latest updates. the one thing i really like about the duramax is that, unlike dodge, i think the rest of the truck will hold up over the years too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts