Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my best was 517 / 918:eek:

my problem is I dont know what size nozzles I have . I ordered 30 overs but it was way hot and smoky, now its tuned for 60 overs and was really clean on the dyno and on the street

Where do you think I should be at with the EGR crap still in place with 35" tires on stock gearing? I'm thinking it needs to be tuned for 45 overs. manifolds, up-pipes, y pipe are in my future it looks like, cant be having low #'s like that

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I made 13 less hp and 2 tq... stock trans/injectors/turbo :D :D Get your bugs worked out and it will be way better!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Dynos=poor accuracy
Also=good precision
so if you get a number you will see how much you gained if you added something (like loaded a new tune) too many variables to get straight. Most of the dyno's you will see will not be accurate.
Best way to know hp is through 1/4 speed/weight/and et

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Dynos=poor accuracy
Also=good precision
so if you get a number you will see how much you gained if you added something (like loaded a new tune) too many variables to get straight. Most of the dyno's you will see will not be accurate.
Hurry up and put your truck back together :poke[1]:

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dynos=poor accuracy
Also=good precision
ya, seemed like everyone was hitting low numbers. Truck posted one of the higher numbers and was probably the cleanest. this dyno stuff only comes around once a year for us back woods folks. diesel drags were on sat. but couldnt make it due to the lady having surgery a few days ago. Trucks is only good for 2wd with the weight and lift anyway.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Lower your tbars til the cv's are level and you'll be fine. You can crank them up again once your done. You shouldn't rub if you don't turn..lol
I like going to the drag strip on test and tune days because there is no pressure and you can take all the time you want. Best way to set a good time IMO.
Is there a drag strip near you? If so find out a test and tune day and go play! Most places will have one a week maybe more.

Your truck should be around 580-600 rwhp and I bet it'd run mid to high twelves with that lift and tires.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I thought you're truck did awesome and sounded and looked great. I got on after you left and got my best of 587/1041 but alot of people say that dump is a little low on numbers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I meen dyno damn phone

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you're truck did awesome and sounded and looked great. I got on after you left and got my best of 587/1041 but alot of people say that dump is a little low on numbers.
587 nice!
nice meeting you, sorry I had to take off early I want to see your truck run.

I'll be back next year for the drags too, just have to put a different lift on because I cant get the CV level with this one

·
Registered
108 Posts
That damn gen1 green dodge with the ve pump laid down 733 hp and was at the top of the boared when I left damn dodges anyway nice meeting you too

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be looking for you out in Dinsmore, I bought that crap hole "dog patch" a few years back and have been cleaning it up

I was eye balling that gen1, clean truck

·
Registered
872 Posts
better tuning might help. Thats really low for your mods. You can hit more than that with just fuel.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
better tuning might help. Thats really low for your mods. You can hit more than that with just fuel.
well now I know my nozzles are between a 30-60 over
I just want to know what I should have hit with 35" tires and EGR restrictions, I know its not going to be 600hp

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
well now I know my nozzles are between a 30-60 over
I just want to know what I should have hit with 35" tires and EGR restrictions, I know its not going to be 600hp
Who did your tuning?

I'm with Brian, go back to who you got your nozzles from and verify.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who did your tuning?

I'm with Brian, go back to who you got your nozzles from and verify.
I've been working with Nick to get the tuning narrowed down. Got the nozzles from Tyler but was thinking the box was mislabeled

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Ryan, this is the first I have heard this. I will make a few calls and see what is going on with them. We have used the same guy to hone the nozzles for a ton of sets now, and we haven't run into any issues.

I will be in touch.

Tyler
MPF

1 - 18 of 18 Posts