Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a hitch ball that has a ball 2 inch, shank 1 1/4 and has higher towing weight than 10,000? i find them that have 25,000 rating at tsc, but not in 2 inch ball?:help

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thats what I was going to say! I got my 25,000 2 5/16 ball from tsc. If they dont have it I doubt its made. Maybe go to tsc and see who makes that then call the company direct :cool:
Listen to ^him^ after all he is the tow master!!!!! :gearjamin

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
You will find some pintle hook/ball combos that go as high as 16k but you will not find a 2" ball rated over 10k as there are no 2" couples rated of 10k.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
^^^Exactly. No ball to be found that high, since no couplers are made in that weight range to fit it. 6-7k is the highest I've seen for a large shank 2" ball.

Why would you need a 2" ball in that range capacity?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like to over kill everything. but I found one that is 10,000 pound it will work. for some reason all the car trailers I haul around run 2 inch balls instead of 2 5\16. I like to run alot stronger than i need just incase.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
has anyone ever heard of curt hitch balls? are they any good?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes Curt is good, and if you are worried about the ball you should thing about replacing your factory receiver with a Curt as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan on getting a goose neck trailer in the hopefully near future. Soooo unless I decide to do pulls with this truck I should be good with my reciever. I have to pull a 98 crew cad ford dually soon, and just always worry that something will break, ya know? I worry alot though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts