Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time finding a long enough hitch pin lock for my 2012. Have tried master lock that says extended length and for 2500 and 3500 but still not long enough. From what I can see I read some reviews on it and others with 2011's and 12's said not long enough, I think the newer one's must be a little wider than previous HD's, there is a plate on each side for reenforcement on the 2.5 in. tube I'm assuming older models weren't that way hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got one at Autozone a couple weeks ago...no issues. They had a regular and a wide.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got one at Autozone a couple weeks ago...no issues. They had a regular and a wide.
What brand was it I stopped there also and didn't see any thing. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
86 Posts
What brand was it I stopped there also and didn't see any thing. Thanks Guys
LOL...so after 10 minutes debating it with my wife, she pulled the receipt and she was right (don't tell her I said that!) it was actually Walmart...apparently we went to Autozone first and didn't find one that fit. This getting old crap sucks, the memory is like the 6th thing to go! :cookoo[1]:

In any case, Walmart has one. It's called a Dogbone Reciever Lock (part number/UPC code 004289951843). Not sure on the brand since all I have is the receipt handy, but it's all silver/chrome and she said it was next to the RV stuff. I learned my lesson and I'm going to take her word on that. :rofl

Hope that helps!! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Try campingworld or a farm store

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Brian, I know how ya feel it goes quick.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm gonna check the one at walmart but think I probably go with one on Etrailer.com it actually say's 3 5/8 of usable pin. it likes a decent lock

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just bought this one myself. Works great.
Any problems with rust or any thing like that,it just said in description it was steel. DISREGARD I missed the part that said double chrome plated for rust resistance.lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is the same one I bought at the local camping world location .....works great
I had the 2" set from Camping World on my previous truck and really liked it. In fact, I would prefer it to the Walmart one I have, but my local Camping World didn't have the 2.5" in stock.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If your into it, you could get a locking hitch like the stuff diversi-tech makes.

DT - DiversiTech Adjustable Hitches - Tongue Coupler Locks

I also noticed a extra long locking hitch pin while on their site.

I have one of their locking hitch's and I love it. I put it through all the cold and and salt you can find in Canada and its holding up fine.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If your into it, you could get a locking hitch like the stuff diversi-tech makes.

DT - DiversiTech Adjustable Hitches - Tongue Coupler Locks

I also noticed a extra long locking hitch pin while on their site.

I have one of their locking hitch's and I love it. I put it through all the cold and and salt you can find in Canada and its holding up fine.
Them are pretty cool but I need 5" drop I think, all they had was 4 or 6.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know which one you looked at but some are adjustable so the 6" model is good for 1-6" of drop.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I"ll have to check them out ,I really didn't look at them much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any problems with rust or any thing like that,it just said in description it was steel. DISREGARD I missed the part that said double chrome plated for rust resistance.lol
I have only had it for about 4 weeks but so far it still looks like new and works really well. A while back I did have the shorter version on a different truck. I had it for about 5 years and it was still as good as new. The only part that failed was the little rubber cap that covers the slot where the key fits finally fell off. With out the cap it would get a little dirty sometimes. All I did was wash it out with WD-40 every so often and all was good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts