Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody replaced their little dinky factory hitch with anything like a Class 5 hitch or no. Looking for one just wanted some suggestions. Thanks fellas:rockin

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
The reese titan is the hitch replacement recomended by most of the sled pullers since the stocker wont hold up!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. I looked at it and a putnam hitch which is made in Michigan and is rated more LBS. and has 2in. reciever hole instead of 2.5 know anything about these hitches.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I saw a few complaints that the spare tire won't fit inside a Putnam, it looks to be a nice hitch though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't have that. Thats why im not goin to buy a DMI cushion receiver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anything on Curt Manufacturing Hitches---The Magnum??????????

·
Registered
85 Posts
hitch

I have a class 5 XDR hitch and I can pull 16,000 lbs with it.
I haul a 2004 Trailtech bobcat trailer loaded with various machines-farm tractors,skid steer loaders,ect.
Great hitch so far had it since August and no problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
question for LBZ farm truck

How much does your backhoe/gooseneck combo weigh?
I can't pull that weight here on my single axle 2005 because of DOT regulations.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont know haven't weighed it, i know the hoe weighs in right at 21,000. It's heavy i can tell ya that. haha i just run it. I never go too far but i have been down I65 and US421or 29. NO LOOKERS if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered two putnams. One for me and one for my brother. By far the cheapest and holds the most weight, plus you can keep your spare.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That's good to know that they do hold the spare! What kind of price did you get on them and from where? I need to get one for pulling season.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i delt with a company close to me which is far from you but i think mine was like 180 and my bros was like 195 the shortbed cost more, but NO DRILLING like the towbeast. If i were you i would call putnam and get a dealers number close to ya. or i can give you this guys number and im sure he can ship it to ya. let me know good luck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
OK, I thought you might have ordered them online. I got a similar price from my local dealer.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
guys i can tell you how much wieght you can put on a stock hitch before it breaks:tease ,24' bumper pull trailler with around 20k on it,and pop:confused: .what happened is it pulled the bolts thru the hitch.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've pulled a couple of 40,000 lb. transfer sleds with mine, never had any issue with my factory reciever breaking but it is twisted a little.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i should have metioned this,but that was a 1/2 ton silverado and i was just moving the load around the yard when it broke.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Dad got one from Eagle Custom. I broke his hitch about 5 months after he bought the Truck. I as pulling 2 NH3 wagons that weigh around 22-24k. It twisted the hitch down. Chevy replaced it and then he went and bought a Heavier one. The spare stills goes up under. I can't remember what it is I'll look and see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts