Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I was with a buddy in his 6.4 psd, we stopped to get fuel, and there was 3 24v Cummins, all straight piped 2 had pillar gauges. So I thought I'd go over and talk to them for a minute and as soon as I walked over there, the 2 trucks runnin gauges, with out sayin a word, hopped in them and took off, they smoked like a freight train, but thats about it. The other guy didn't even say a word to me... I thought I could of had a descent conversation with some other diesel guys, but I guess not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's a cummins thing. they think they're hot shit. doesn't matter what other truck, they think they're the best.

along with hangin those fold out mirrors out as far as they can, even when they're not towing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I had 2 cummins guys that i know - but havnt seen in years. come up to me last night talkin smack... so i told them i would race them for $1000 cash... then they said uhhh how about we just ride in your truck?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was like wtf, I haven't got to race one yet, but I really want to put them in their place, even though I'm stock lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
This day and age, some guy just walks up to me, I might leave to. Never know who the crazies are anymore...especially if they roll up in a Ford:cookoo[1]:

:rofl

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha well before one guy left, he smoked me out.. and I liked it. lol

·
Registered
947 Posts
Depending on what year the Cummins is and what year of Duramax you're in, a stock Duramax would prob not have an issue beating a stockish Cummins. I had a 2004 Cummins for about 6 months (I hated it), when I test drove my 07 Duramax I could easily tell the power difference. The 04 Cummins was something like 205hp and the 07 Duramax is around 20-30hp more if I remember right. I'm not sure what hp your 02 would produce, I'm sure its easy to find out online.

The Dodge trucks are very popular around here, I'm kinda glad cause I made out pretty well when I ditched my 2004 and didn't take a loss :) I just got tired of fixing it every week and the ride was horrible. Everyone likes the ride of my Chevy

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's a cummins thing. they think they're hot shit. doesn't matter what other truck, they think they're the best.

along with hangin those fold out mirrors out as far as they can, even when they're not towing.
lol this was well put,every friggin cummins guy cruises around with the tow mirrors up when not towing,i love it haha

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
This day and age, some guy just walks up to me, I might leave to. Never know who the crazies are anymore...especially if they roll up in a Ford:cookoo[1]:

:rofl
^ I agree with this...I'm the type if someone starts to walk over to me and I can tell they are about to approach me with my truck I go ahead and sit in it and get my hand on my pistol....I don't trust people and I refuse to be caught in a situation where I needed my pistol but it was out of reach.

·
Registered
490 Posts
man its a lot different up here in Canada not too much to worry about where im from,I know theres bad places everywhere and always people to worry about, but i dont think ive had too many random people just come up to me and try talkin ha

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah walking up to somebody un announced and stuff is always somewhat sketchy.. but when youre in high school and its a fellow diesel guy its not as big of a deal, kids usually dont worry about that stuff.

·
Registered
848 Posts
see i see it as kids are more mean to others and that grown guys dont care and will talk about anything bu thats just me

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
see i see it as kids are more mean to others and that grown guys dont care and will talk about anything bu thats just me
It really depends on the area, I won't always be a d*ck....just most the time, I'm 30 but I get the pleasure of driving through some sketchy areas alot, I tend to keep to myself and if someone is approaching me I don't know I assume they don't come in peace unless I see a reason to drop my guard (not likely or often)

I really am pretty weary about talking to new people as I have mostly had people approach me to either 1 ask for money or ask for my phone/ride....shit I'm basically going to tell you to go Fk yourself to.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah, you have a point.. but most kids dont worry about stuff like a mature man would haha.. kids are total assholes ive been there, those kids use theire daddies money and are usually about 5 8 and shorter.. haha i grow up in a town filled with short man syndrome and big trucks to compensate.

·
Registered
533 Posts
He probably just didn't want to talk to you. It's not a Cummins-guy thing, it's a "Oh here comes some shi1tbird kid wanting money, or to race, or to bum alcohol..."

Sorry. I am only 22, so I remember how that was... in the future, just try turning towards them and saying "Hey man--nice truck." That's enough.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
This thread is kinda funny. I always have crack heads askin for money. Hell, even the cholos at my school ask me if I have any spare change. I hate when people mooch off of others.

·
Registered
349 Posts
shit im 16.. and all the older guys i talk to are hella nice to me but all the kids look at me like theyre better than me.. but its all about the person i guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
believe it or not i met a really nice cummins guy on friday. i'd say close to my age 20-22, talked at the bank for a good 10-15 minutes about his mods and and asked about mine. even said he has a buddy with a 03 lb7 that "effin flies". but on the other hand my two friends from school with cummins just like to blow smoke everywhere

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not all cummins guys are butt heads I know alot that are really nice. I use to be a cummins guy and I was nice to every one unless they were not nice to me.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts