Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 2500 Dmax 4x4- I Was Pulling About 4000lbs The Other Day And It Seemed Like It Was A Little Tuff Keeping The Dmax At 70 Going Up Hills. Is This Normal. This Is My First Dmax. Oh, And Its Bone Stock.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
What do you mean? Like you had to push on the pedal more? Steep hills?

Your gonna have the same charecteristics when towing wit the dmax as compared to towing with a gasser. The hills will slow you down but once you step it down a knotch youll be able to pull.

I have a Jeep I just four wheel with and it weights 4k with the trailer. I was towing it to the trail and theres a steep windy hill you gotta hit before your there. Most gassers pull ther rigs up and start out at 65 and are at about 35 at the top. I get a run at about 55 and stay there without downshifting alot.

Now the same hill pulling 10k Im doing about 40 at the top :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
you say the truck is bone stock...it handles load quite well stock but imagain putting a exhaust,CAI(cold air intake)and a Diablo tuner on there(good for another 100rwhp)why you could pull a mountain and not know it's behind you..
just a thought but have you changed the fuel filter in the last 8k miles if not change the filter right away..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i changed the fuel filter on it about 500mi ago. it runs great but like i say its my first dmax and i didn't know what to expect. what kind of exhaust do i need? just the muffler?

·
Registered
8 Posts
full exhaust, and you should have a cold air intake for sure as well.

a programer of some sort will help immensely. but a BD exhaust manifold is an absolute necesity if your adding power to the stock turbo.

also a valvebody to toughen up the tranny should be in order.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would go with MBRP 4in. turbo back exhaust, PPE programmer, and an AFE intake. Oh and some boost and EGT gauges. You will think you just bought a different truck when you get done putting these on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts