Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need an enclosed trailer for my streetbike. I really want a toy hauler but the budget is only about $2000. What do you guys think of something like this, with fresh paint, and a ramp door???

Prowler 16' toy hauler

Lets hear comments, positive or negative

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm talking about building my own out of a camper trailer, not purchasing this one

·
Registered
839 Posts
That one isn't bad its a cool idea I say go for it

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'd definitely be hesitant about buying someone else's, but since you're looking to do it yourself I say go for it as well!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Get a small trailer from like Lowe's or better yet a used one,then as long as you build the sides sturdy enough to support the rest it is all good...Great idea,I have a 6.6wide by 12ft long utility[4 wheel trailer,2- 3500lb. axles too]]I got WITH lights for 1300,and that was brand new!!I am sure you could build a decent enough enclosure for a street bike and just add amenities to it later..Go trailer shopping with your tape measure and a pen where trailers are sold,I doubt anyone would object to you writing measurments down.......WOILA free plans,cool ideas...:drink

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
For 1200 bucks I would buy that one and use the other 800 to fix it up better. I would be willing to bet the guy would take 1000 for it then that leaves you another grand to dump into that one.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Yep - I find with custom jobs like that the owner has usually dumped way more money into the project than it's worth. You could save yourself a ton of time.

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a 6x12 enclosed trailer 3 days ago, brand new. I'm more than happy with it, pics to come tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.