Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling one of my bikes, getting married so its time to clean the shop. I can deliver or meat with in reason, I am in the Northern VA area but travel down to Henderson NC usualy once a month. I'll add pics tomorrow at work.

Up for sale is my strong running 2001 400ex. Last April I rebuilt the engine and upgraded the lower end to one from an 05 to gain reverse gear with out buying a new bike. While the engine was out I installed a new 11.1 high compression piston, cylinder was honed for a fresh cross hatch for the rings to seat, new intake and exhaust valves, valve seats were cut, new timing chain guides and chain, full gasket set, everything was dismantled and measured to ensure it was in spec and cleaned. While the engine was out new swing arm bearings and sleeves were installed, along with a new bolt. The engine at most has 10 hours on it since the rebuild, and the bike was never used as a race bike. After the rebuild with the extra power it finally needed a clutch and a new factory clutch, steels, and spring were installed. It has an added capacity aluminum oil tank for an extra qt. of oil capacity and added cooling. The bike has a lone star billet carrier bearing holder with I believe a 4 bearing set up over the stock 2 bearing set up. Also has a dura blue axle that is plus 2 with out the spacers and up to plus 4 with them in. Has Douglas rims and hole shot tires all around that do not leak. The carb was rebuilt and a dynojet jet kit installed with the rebuild. Has white brothers E series slip on exhaust, DG Six pack rack grab bar with cooler, and a full chassis skid plate. I'm sure I am forgetting something but when I remember I'll post it. This is a great, fast and reliable bike. I am asking 2200 or best offer, but make a reasonable offer and we can make it happen.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4