Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are if any legality's of having a hood stack on the street. I want to do something crazy that is out of the norm. I'm not a stack guy but the thought of cutting down on weight and a radical new look intrigue me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
YES!!! Thats all Im gonna say

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do it. Worry about getting pulled over later.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
when you get pulled over and they give you a inspection ticket you end up with a hole in your hood. But what the hell go for it.

·
the world famous
697 Posts
ive got a single in bed stack.. and I LOVE IT! but a hood stack on a DD is a bit much.. on a second truck/toy count me in!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could run it out the side of my fender? With twins it really don't smoke btw so it's not like it will get trashed with soot. I know it will be loud as hell but who gives a crap. Harley's sound like wood chippers on steroids and don't pick up tickets as much as you would think.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
You could prob get away with it out the fender cause it wouldnt be as noticable but out the hood is a for sure ticket i think all 50 states exhaust has to exit after the passenger compartment so a stack out of the hood would catch every cops attention.

·
Registered
362 Posts
when you get pulled over and they give you a inspection ticket you end up with a hole in your hood. But what the hell go for it.
Some of us are still lucky enough to live in states without inspections/emissions or any of that hippy crap.:rof

My new setup on the car will have a wastegate dumping through the fender. If my truck wasn't a DD I would hood stack it.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
I've talked to a few different police officers on this matter and I've gotten different answers, some say its legal and some say that they aren't legal due to the fact they could be an obstruction of your ability to see. I'd ask some of the cops around your area before you go and cut a hole in your hood. I'll just be the first to tell you that I have one on my puller and its insanely loud I couldn't imagine driving on the street with it everyday.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
Some of us are still lucky enough to live in states without inspections/emissions or any of that hippy crap.:rof

My new setup on the car will have a wastegate dumping through the fender. If my truck wasn't a DD I would hood stack it.
It has nothing to do with inspections/emissions. It has to do with exhaust gas possably entering the cab. I will asure you at some point you will get pulled over and will end up with a hole in your hood.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't care if I get pulled over its not like its a murder conviction.

The fender exit would easier to pull off I think because I wouldn't have to move my overflow tank plus a fender is cheaper to replace than a hood.

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
Do it to people who think it would be to loud there is a reason they make subs and amps.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I just went out the liner over the tire then I would have exhaust in the cab for sure. If I do it I'm not going to hillbilly hack job it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how so it would finish off at the same length just different elevations. Right??
Yes true but tire clearance would be an issue and the exhaust gas would travel under the truck. If just punch a whole in the fender it will travel down the side.

check this out I didn't know Tent did this! :(
DSCF5481 - YouTube

1 - 19 of 19 Posts