Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
is this going to seperate water from the fuel though? like my donaldson does to protect the injectors?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
lol

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
yes i realize that the fass will seperate water, but i like it to seperate both spots, for 20 bucks a filter i'll be fine.... you obviously feel im wasting money of course..

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Nope, I dont feel like it's a waiste at all. Maybe it's a waiste to buy this new product? You can never be too safe can you? Especially when it comes to protecting injectors...

I'm still running my factory fuel filter along with my fass fuel system.

But, is the factory filter really catching anything that hasnt already been trapped by the fass filters?? I have no idea...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just finished installing an AD2 last week. I like the idea of the fass filter delete since my AD2 will be doing all the filtering. However my buddy made a good point...if my AD2 fails for any reason (unlikely) i wont be able to prime the fuel system which could make for a bad day. Whata you guys think invest in it or no go??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
No not at all bud, just the general ridiculousness of this product..
k, i just felt like i said something incredibly stupid there. It's all good:thumb

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
I just finished installing an AD2 last week. I like the idea of the fass filter delete since my AD2 will be doing all the filtering. However my buddy made a good point...if my AD2 fails for any reason (unlikely) i wont be able to prime the fuel system which could make for a bad day. Whata you guys think invest in it or no go??
If you don't have any leaks in your fuel system it shouldn't lose prime if the pump goes out. My truck ran fine when the relay went out on my FASS. only reason i knew it wasn't running was i went underneath the truck just to see because it was so quiet. Now if you do have a leak, then you may be shit out of luck!!!

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
if this just screws on in place of the factory filter, why couldnt you still prime it?

It looks like a can that just replaces the filter? IDK

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
yes you can prime it. the stock ff head is still there. the part that fass makes screws on the bottom of the stock ff head.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
not bad but youd need an airdog or fass setup to go with it

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

·
Vendor
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, you will need a external filtration system if you choose to use the Canister Kit. We are looking at new ways to minimize filter changes. We have had a lot people ask about canister delete kits. If you have any questions just let us know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
sides for the fact that the stock filter head always seem to leak and get air in them. if the truck sits i bet that thing can get some nice condesation going!Otherwise i like the product!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts