Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a Auto Meter pyro but want to do a boost gauge and pyro. I guess since I have the Auto Meter pyro I will just go with a Auto Meter boost gauge.

How big of boost gauge should I really need? I want to retune what I have right now through IdahoRob in the near future but nothing crazy on the tune.

I see some people with 60psi and some just to 35psi?

I need a new pillar as well so I can get rid of the single pod that is not the same color as the stock pillar and is just mounted on it. Auto Meter pillar pods good or what is decent for the price?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm happy with my autometer pod. Course it's not a pillar setup, but the build is nice, and I've ran autometer pillars before with no issues. Very nice products.

As far as the boost gauge goes it depends on what you want to do with the truck in the future really. I went with the 60psi just in case. Down the road advanced tunes /aftermarket snails will lead to the smaller boost gauges pegging out potentially, and I didn't really feel like changing mine out down the road.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If you have an lly or newer I suggest 60psi as your turbo can max out a 35psi gauge. On an lb7 if you plan to stay with the stock turbo 35psi is fine as anything more than that means you'll be buying a new turbo shortly anyway lol. Lb7 turbos aren't happy above 30-32psi.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, I will probably just go with the 60psi. I have an LBZ

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
my 35 psi was enough for my lbz before the twins...

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
My lmm will spike to 40 then hold about 37-38 psi. Glad my isspro gauge goes to 40!

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I guess it could or could not be enough at 35psi so I still think I should go with the 60psi.

How are the ppe guages? They look legit and kinda close to my stock cluster gauges.

It seems that the auto meter EGT gauge I currently have is pretty dim at night. It's kinda lit up green with that ring of light..These aren't adjustable are they? My truck came with this gauge already so I don't know much about it other than what it does.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
I had the 60 psi PPE gauge and found it is hard to read the pressure-- I now have a 30 lb gauge, and it is fine for my small modifications. If I set the PPE to "3", it pegs the gauge-- but I usually run it on "2".

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
PPE gauges are good quality, as are isspro and autometer.

Unless the previous owner installed a resistor into your wiring to dim it down a bit it isn't adjustable (given that it isn't installed on a dimmer or using a rheostat)

·
Registered
352 Posts
i had a 35psi gauge and i hit the needle all the time with my ppe standard so i switched it out for a 60psi the next week.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick off topic question...is it normal when my trucks off and been sitting cold basically for the EGT gauge to still sit at about 2 or a little below on my auto meter gauge?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Quick off topic question...is it normal when my trucks off and been sitting cold basically for the EGT gauge to still sit at about 2 or a little below on my auto meter gauge?
I was wondering the same thing,mine stays where I shut her down at to

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would go with the 60 for future mods and just to have it. My truck has hit about 33 PSI and now I wish I would have gone with the 60.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts