Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i need to know if i have anything done in my transmission i'm gonna have it re-tuned and i don't know if it has anything other then a co-pilot that was in there when i bought it. i run the hell out of it like it is now and no problems but i think i can get hotter tunes even if it's not built. the guy tuning it would like to know before we do trial and error. i don't know what kind of tune it currently has smokes alot but my dynolicious says its 385 hp.:help

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could pull the inpection plate on the bell housing and take a look at the converter. other than that i would be out of ideas.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Ask the previous owner

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the previous owner didn't know it was tuned and i went to the dealer he got it from and they bought it from an auction so i'm out of ideas what is the factory converter grey? is blue red and purple upgraded.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
put it to the floor in 5th gear, if you manage to not limp it then id say its in good shape, maybe beefed up, near the end of my stockers life i could limp it on my economy tune

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
does it look like it's ever been removed? look at the bolts?
x2 look at physical imprefections that would suggest the trans has been dropped.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
borrow a hot +2 race PPE tuner......
Load the 350HP tune
Drive it like you stole it!!
If you return home without a fahqed up tranny ......you're in luck,lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
i've got a tune that is saying 478 on my dynolicious and it don't limp but not a very fast shift is this possible to hold with only a copilot

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
shoot I missed the quote button.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
i've got a tune that is saying 478 on my dynolicious and it don't limp but not a very fast shift is this possible to hold with only a copilot

What the heck is that? :confused:

Stock converters are goldish.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's an app on my ipod touch and you put in the weight and run a 1/4 mile and it tells you how much hp you have i ran it awhile ago at 385hp and then i turned my water/meth up and my boost up about 12 lbs now it's saying 478hp

·
Registered
906 Posts
Odds are pretty good if you have a co-pilot then something has been done to the tranny. As was said if you have a tuner that will put some power to the wheels turn the copilot off and go run it hard through the gears. If it's stock it should limp when it hits 5th.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
it's an app on my ipod touch and you put in the weight and run a 1/4 mile and it tells you how much hp you have i ran it awhile ago at 385hp and then i turned my water/meth up and my boost up about 12 lbs now it's saying 478hp
You're better off guessing,no joke..........................if that's the case your gizmo would say I am doing 1000+HP!!:rof:D

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I'm getting that App for shits and giggles. I'll report the findings.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Nevermind...its 12.99. I'd rather buy another Esoteric album. If you want to LOL go check it out on iTunes store. The reviews are hilarious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts