Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed autocal from Idaho Rob (ATP). Question is how can I tell if the tune is really working? I have not noticed that great of an increase in performance. I have the dsp5 switch on 4 which is Economy 90HP. I have checked the switch through the autocal and the switch is working. Is there a way to go through the autocal to see if the tune is indeed functioning as it should. Also I got a code 2610 today, first time thats happened. It reset, I will have to wait and see if it happens again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How so???

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Or start with the switch in the stock position, accelerate and switch from the stock position up to #5. Leaving it in each setting for a second or so. You should feel a definite jump in power while your accelerating & going higher with the tunes

·
Registered
850 Posts
Or while the truck is idling, put it on opt. stock tune and listen. Then switch up to next tune and you should hear an obvious change in the idle sound (at least I can).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hook up your autocal and go down to the voltage input for the switch. If the voltage change then your tune should be working. Should say that on the directions

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or if you don't want to do that, just drive down the road above 55 mph with it on setting 2 or 3 (tow tunes), let off the accelerator and if you feel/hear the turbo staying spooled up and the truck is slowing down quicker than normal, that means the turbo brake is working, thus the switch is working. I can tell a noticeable difference in all settings.

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
If you can't tell much of a difference in a 90HP tune something is wrong!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK thanks, I will go through the tunes by way of switch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I couldn't tell through sound on mine, had me concerned at first, but then when I mashed it I seemed to have puffed a lot more smoke than the stock tuning, that was my first initial sign that it was working properly. But yes, you should be able to tell the difference from stock to level 5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The switch is working properly according to the autocal, but I feel like i should def notice a difference from stock to 100hp and I'm not. I also don't notice a change while switching through the tunes while idling. I plan on calling rob today but wanted to check here before bothering him.

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Yeah you should! I can tell a diff between stock and 30! Ha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts