Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my transgo last night, everything went pretty smooth. Still have to flush the tranny with the hoot method.
My question is: How do I do the hard reset using my efi?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? If I make it this far.?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here are the instructions that were posted in response to my identical question just last week on another forum for my '01.

As for resetting the TAPS, you have to hook the V2 to the truck and then to your laptop, open the V7.5 scan tool program, In the top left click the green circle and then select teh AL5 controller from the drop down list that opens up and click OK, Once connected go to the DVT tab and click activate, then go through one by one and check the top 3 boxes and hit the clear tab for each. Unselect them and turn the key off for 30 seconds(not required, but I do it anyways), then restart it and go through and let it relearn. When letting it relearn you need to do at a minumum of 3 easy shifts for each shift up and then down before it will begin to set the taps(the 3 shifts help it to learn the clutch volumes before the TAPS). Then just work your way up in the power some after the shifts smooth out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts