Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a diablosport predator tuner. I had it taken off my truck when I got EFI Live. Well I just had a buyer for it and when we tried to load it onto his truck it said "locked to another vehicle". I thought when you reset it to factory it was taken off? Is there anyway to unlock it without dealing with diablo themselves?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Did you extract the Predator tune from your ECM and reinstall the stock tune?

Check the Diablo blog - lot of good info there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually had Lincoln diesel specialties take it off when they installed efi live, so I figured it was taken off properly

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I plugged it into my truck and went into options, there's nothing about "original backup" on the device, And I went to "car tune" and it says the factory tune is in the truck. Isn't that what is supposed to be to be unlocked? Other than options all you have are "tune it" which I know has nothing but install tune, modify tune, and restore factory tune settings. And diagnostics, for vehicle diagnostics, what am I missing?!

·
Registered
291 Posts
most "canned" tuners do this. it locks the vin number in the software to prevent ppl from selling them later on. some tuner companies allow 2 vins its basically job security for diablo, hypertech, ppe, etc.. you most likely have to send it to diablo with your proof of purchase and they will unlock it usually for free. if you dont have a reciept ive seen where they want $150 to unlock it. yes i know it crazy but thats how they stay in business..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sucks, but thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts