Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may sound stupid asking this question but I just bought the 02 duramax and it came with the diablosport predator programmer. The guy said it is currently set to economy but I wanna be able to change it. But I have heard of a lot of people hooking up programmers and locking up there trucks, just wanna know what im doing before I mess something up, thanks in advance for the info
:drink

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
Just plug it into your OBDII port. Some tuners have instructions on pulling fuses before you tune. I never do and never had a problem. There will be instructions on screen for you to follow. Just make sure the radio is off and dont mess with the windows or fan or anything electronic while its tuning.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a PPE lock mine up but there may have been something else going on cause the truck sat for a while and the security light was on for some reason but it still would run and drive. Personally I'd put it back to stock, sell it and go with EFI Live. Everyone prefers it over canned tuners. Just my .02
Also I've had a Predator and hated it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts