Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the predator makes power, does it change injector timing and duration or what? I already have the ts performance power play mp-8 and was thinking about stacking them. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Stacking is not a good idea on the duramax, it will add too much timing. Stick with one or the other. Or you can get an EFI tune and have all the power you want.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Can anyone tell me how the predator makes power, does it change injector timing and duration or what? I already have the ts performance power play mp-8 and was thinking about stacking them. Any info is appreciated, thanks.
its not a dodge stacking will tear shit up

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
stacking with the mp8 is fine. the mp8 doesnt add timing. the predator adds timing and pw in the correct amount. all you are gonna do with the mp8 is throw more fuel in the mix with no advance in timing. Sure, you'll pick up some power but it will be dirty and underboosted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the mp-8 doesn't add timing that's why I thought it would prolly be alright. I have a ppe boost valve and was think about gettin a big head waste gate because I'm only getting 22 psi with the boost valve. Batmo-wheel will be on the way pretty soon too.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Yea the mp-8 doesn't add timing that's why I thought it would prolly be alright. I have a ppe boost valve and was think about gettin a big head waste gate because I'm only getting 22 psi with the boost valve. Batmo-wheel will be on the way pretty soon too.
yeah 22 psi is real low. i was touching 30 with my stock turbo. does your truck smoke at WOT in the top gears at all? or does it clean the smoke up pretty good?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My doesn't blow smoke at all

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
then you have room to add more fuel. although i do recommend a better tuner like a PPE or custom tuning , you could throw that mp8 on there and see when you find the sweet spot. start with it low and keep bumping it up till you have a slight haze under WOT.

but depending on what level you are running the predator at i'd be careful. im assuming you have a stock transmission and if thats the case keep the power to no more that 100rwhp over stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you think just gettin the base ppe hand held would be better than the predator or would I have to get the HOT+2 ET?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea its stock trans. Is the predators HP clams at the wheels or the crank like ppe's numbers.
Thanks for all the info

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Yea its stock trans. Is the predators HP clams at the wheels or the crank like ppe's numbers.
Thanks for all the info
run the predator on the 100 tune (or whatever is close) and if that doesnt please you give PPE a try. i ran their (PPE standard) 160 tune for a very long time before i switched to efi and it never limped my tranny. its roughly 115rwhp

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Only 22 psi? I hit 25 psi with just my Eco tune...

Save your money and Get EFI Live. Then you can do anything...Just my 02 cents.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
run the predator on the 100 tune (or whatever is close) and if that doesnt please you give PPE a try. i ran their (PPE standard) 160 tune for a very long time before i switched to efi and it never limped my tranny. its roughly 115rwhp
I Limped mine with only roughly a 150hp tune:cookoo[1]:. Guess every trucks different. Course I've never been on a dyno either to know for sure...

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I Limped mine with only roughly a 150hp tune:cookoo[1]:. Guess every trucks different. Course I've never been on a dyno either to know for sure...
PPE's "160" tune is rated at the crank. its probably in the 110-115 rear wheel hp area. 150rwhp tune will eat a stock transmission fast

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Guess I'm alittle slow today, should of realized that. I know it will destroy it. Exactly why I dont launch my truck or do the 4th to 5th shift. I plan on droping it soon anyway...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for all the info
Our power numbers are rated at the rear wheels ;)

Not sure how you measure flywheel horsepower without pulling the motor, and even then, its irrelevant.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts