Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read my sig you will see what kind of a truck I have. My problem is that the Alison is slipping really bad when giving a lot of power to it while accelerating past 40mph.

The plan was to take the truck down to Arvada to ATS and have them just give it the works if they give cash discounts. Any suggestions on parts or places to take the truck within 500 miles of Cheyenne/Laramie?

Also, already planning on doing a Cognito 2.5/3" leveling lift w/dual shocks sometime in the next six months or so.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
If your not planing on going 500hp+ or doing any drag racing i would just go with a mild built trans from either ATS or Suncoast.

Have you tried just changing the spin on filter yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your not planing on going 500hp+ or doing any drag racing i would just go with a mild built trans from either ATS or Suncoast.
I've already talked to them on the phone a couple times about having a towing transmission built. I don't want something that will "work" if I can have something that will work, and keep on working for years to come.

Have you tried just changing the spin on filter yet?
trust me, the miles on this thing are hard oilfield miles. If I had to guess I would say that 70% of the miles are offroad, and 20% or so would be floored on gravel.

If you are going to ATS, talk to Wade Boyd ;)
why is that?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts