Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb question proally but how hard can i beat on my stock 6 speed with the edge evo race on level 3 witch is 85 horse power over stock,,, other mods include 4 inch turbo back

i just wanna get a good idea

like can i do a wot and not worry about much?

should i use towhaul or lock it into a certain gear?

·
Registered
838 Posts
You need transgo jr... that 85 will be tops w out transgo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need transgo jr... that 85 will be tops w out transgo.

85 horse is all i wanna use till i get my trans built.

u think its good race wot like that?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
id throw the trans go jr in anyway, it will be put in when you get the trans rebuilt so for 70 bucks is pretty safe insureance

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id throw the trans go jr in anyway, it will be put in when you get the trans rebuilt so for 70 bucks is pretty safe insureance

where can i get a step by step instructions ..i have my own shop and a hoist.. never been inside a tranny before tho

·
Registered
838 Posts
it will come w instructions. get a hold of jess at husker diesel.:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yeah we've got em. Be glad to help you get set up with one. They're right though, cheap insurance that will help you hold that 85hp pretty easily.

-Jesse

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will come w instructions. get a hold of jess at husker diesel.:cool:
is it a pain in the butt or is it pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
its a pretty straight forward install, you will get rained on the whole time, it took my buddy and me about 45 mins to still mine, not bad at all, there is a thread on here with detailed pics, i will see if i can find it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a pretty straight forward install, you will get rained on the whole time, it took my buddy and me about 45 mins to still mine, not bad at all, there is a thread on here with detailed pics, i will see if i can find it
awsome thanks i will need internal filter and spin on filter 2 right?

how much new fluid do i need to buy?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
85 tune :LMAO thats nothing you can do anything with the 85 tune i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
85 tune :LMAO thats nothing you can do anything with the 85 tune i wouldnt worry about it

o yea like try to race a mustang and give her hell from start to finish?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
yeah i would just go east on the shifts at higher speed....you would laugh if you saw what i do with my truck on the 135rwhp tune ha ha

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i would just go east on the shifts at higher speed....you would laugh if you saw what i do with my truck on the 135rwhp tune ha ha
haha yea thats funny.. i mean hell i dont know just asking lol

thinking maybe one of u guys already tried beating the hell out of your trucks on a 85- 90 hp tune and burned something up lol thats all

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
idk i do everything on my quad turned up to 135 and nothing has went bad yet

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
when i had my quad i kicked the hell out of it at 90 and didnt hurt anything, but then the wanting more factor came into play, so trans go jr and efi live, 1 trans later and we are in business :rof

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i had my quad on 135 all the time and my 85 hp tune on my evo will blow the quad 135 im so scared to limp my trans im running level 2 65 hp and im betting its the same as quad on 135 if not faster

1 - 20 of 35 Posts