Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 2500 LB7 that I bought recently and I have 87k on it. I am hoping to get over 200k with this truck and 300k would be even better. Just curious what the rest of you guys have on your trucks and how are they holding up when they get into the higher mileage?

Thank you

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
i got 170k on mine still running good!!!
my dad had a truck just like mine that he used for work but that truck was beat!! it lasted about 200k but it always was pulling something or had aleast 3k in the bed all the time

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would sure hope a duramax would last 300k! The news gassers are getting that. I only have 69k on my 2004.5 but hope to have atleast another 200k trouble free miles.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
i have almost 61,000 on my 04. That year in korea helped to keep the miles down.....it wasnt driven the whole year.

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
only at 86,000 on mine, but I bought it a few months back with 80 so I'm putting them on... I'm hoping for that 300K truck with as long as I plan on owning this one

·
Registered
67 Posts
See my sig and it is still running strong.:gearjamin

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have 296K on my 02. I got it 14 months ago with 270k on it. To my knowledge the only major repairs to it have been the trans at 70K and the injectors at 150K. Im throwing a lot of black smoke so I had the injectors checked a few months ago. The mechanic said theyre perfect and has never seen a dmax with that many miles run so well. I burn a quart of oil every 5k. Not bad for almost 300K.

·
Registered
299 Posts
97,000 on my 02 and still feels new. I hope mine holds out like yours BenH!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 282,000 miles on my 02 and its still goin strong. Doesn't burn any oil. Still has the original tranny in it also.. But have to replace my number three injector next week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DMAX1986 that is great to hear, because I was hoping I didn't make a mistake in buying the Duramax over the Cummins which I know can get a lot of miles on it pretty easily. I just bought this and have to pay for it for awhile and I love the truck and I hope to keep it long after its paid off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got 282,138 miles on my 02. Doesn't burn any oil and runs great. Still has the original tranny to. But I have to replace my number 3 injector next week.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have now 325k getting ready to tow cross country everything runs great

1 - 20 of 682 Posts