Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
looks to be LML rims, isn't the bolt pattern different?
They make adapters and knock off wheels in the 8x6.5 too. Ive seen them on a dodge recently.

Registered
My '07 LBZ has 215k miles and runs like new- because I had to replace the turbo at 190k (frozen vanes p003a code) and injectors at 200k (p0087 code). That's all with meticulous maintenance and fuel additives. Recovered the leather seats this year, and now it looks like new too! Wouldn't sell it for the world. Best truck I have ever owned.

Registered
$17k for stock CA truck with no emission craps with 252k may be bit too much but a LBZ - little chance to negotiate lower price. CA selling price tend to be higher than other states....

Registered
Go into Kelley Blue Book's or NADA's website and enter as much info as they ask, especially the miles, and then deduct for necessary reconditioning. Kelley researches ACTUAL retail and wholesale (dealer auctions)

sales prices. Dealers and banks use these as their guides, as well as being accurate.

Unless you are very proficient about judging the total condition of an automobile, I would recommend you employ a diesel mechanic and a person experienced with body and paint to examine it. 250,000 plus miles on

a vehicle often has wear on things you wouldn't even consider. If not totally maintained, the drivetrain could be stellar but the rest of the truck could easily be worn out. Just a note though, most vehicles above

$10,000 are financed and vehicles above 150,000 miles rarely have financing available, so the demand and price drop sharply, which usually gives you a better bargaining position. There is not going to be a huge line

to buy extremely high mileage vehicles.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts