Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new here, so I’m not good at the using the forum yet. I have been reading from this site for about 7 years and you guys have helped me plenty. I’m on my second LB7, that’s all I’ve driven since 05. I currently have 276000 on mine and it’s about time for the 2nd set of injectors. My question is, should I think about rebuild at that mileage before spending 3 grand on injectors?

·
Registered
503 Posts
if its running good,not to much blow by,,I'd keep running it,,my old truck is approaching 400k and is still an animal.needs another set of injectors but thats it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it does have a little blowby. enough to get the tube and front corner of the oil pan wet between oil changes. But it never drips on the ground. How much does yours have at 400?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
You could check the compression and go from there but I wouldn’t just jump into rebuilding it just cause it has 276k on it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That tube is the crankcase breather so if the pan is wet it's doing its job. Other than head gaskets/studs my engine still running on what the factory built.....except for a few sets of injectors of course!

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
408k on my LB7 and it runs just fine. No reason to think it'll need a rebuild short of 1,000,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts