Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to see how many miles you are seeing on factory replaced injectors. Mine where done at 80k now I have 116k with perfect balance rates. Lets see what you have

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I got 85k out of the sticks replaced by GM. Just put another 100k on the third set and they are coming out on Monday. Replacing the fuel lines from the rails to the injectors. Heard from several tech at the local GM shop that the old line are killing the newer injectors because they are breaking down inside. Need to make it to 500K.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I have 150k on my original injectors and they are all within spec. My friend has 240k on his original lb7 injectors, also all with spec.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
According to carfax, mine were repalced at 156K. Truck now has 244K, but it has an engine from an 02, so no telling how long they've been in it. Injector 7 is out of whack by +-.02

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just pulled driver side injectors on my 03 LB7 with 195,000, injectors had been cause truck to smoke/smog at an idle for the last 25,000 and now it quite. Passenger still hasn't been touched

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i replaced my original injectors at 180k, due to balance rates and white smoke

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have 143k on my first original set. Buddy of mine has 291k on his lb7 as well on stock set of injectors. Its all how you maintain your truck. I'm hoping to get 250k+ on my stock set. I run additives, change fuel filter an do everything I can to make em last

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to know haw many miles you get on GM replaced injectors. NOT how many original injector miles you have.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
tsktsk :poke[1]:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Replaced at 58k now at 99400k perfect balance rates and still runs great

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
200k or 7yrs

·
Registered
849 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Since this time (4th) I am replacing mine, along with the lines from the rails, I will be very interested to see how much longer they will last. I run additive, lift pump and CAT 2 micron, but all of that is useless if the inside of the lines are coming apart and killing the injectors. I've averaged less than 75k on the three replacement sets.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I am better off to sell my lb7 for a lbz or lmm. I love my truck and its never let me down, but I am not going to do injectors every 2 years. I had a cummins with 375k when I sold it and it never had one problem. This truck has 116k and it could need a 2nd set of injectors any day now! Thats fu4ked up! Its to bad because aside from the injectors the lb7 is the best truck made

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would you go with a 07 lmm and dpf delete or 07 lbz. I know my lb7 body was junk, radio stoped working, door hige pins, seat motor. Are the NBS better

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
That was a special policy on original LB7 injectors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts