·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many people on this site have 6.5L. dont seem like many

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw someone that had one. Is that good enough?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it aint good enough unless there on here, can't get much help i need for my engine on this site, i like the site but, not for my engine

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah there tough to come across. mainly because they just weren't very popular. there sure isn't much for modifications on them. but if you get in a jamb holler at us. someone might be able to help. i have a guy i work with who knows them pretty good so i can try and pick his brain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for the late reply. i've been busy lately. i'll let ya know if i need anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6.5 Turbo Diesel !!!!!

i have a 94 w/ f motor, man i have driven that thing and have a little over 285,000 on her, never had any real problems with her, just get in and starts right up, i haul a 35 ft 5th wheel or i did up to a couple of years ago, i got a duramax now for pulling but i'll tell you, you just can't beat the fuel mileage that 94 get compaired to the duramax, oh i know the duramax will and does out pull the 6.5 but left alone, the 6.5 will run a long time, no mods done to mine and she has never let me down.
I read about all the problems from others and guess i just got lucky, as for the cummins, there great motors too, we have a trucking co and have 15 semi's that only run cummins n 14 plus, great strong motor but i'll stick to my duramax over that hard knocking cummins for my pick up's, i know , they are great motors but before i got my duramax i purchased a dodge and i just llike the way the duramax pulls the hills better. If i can help anyone with a 6.5 just email me, [email protected]

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tow master don't be ashamed of your 6.5. lol. yeah my 6.5 has 120,000 miles and i had to replace the ip and the owner before me replaced it. other than that it runs great and i love my baby:rockin

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
i had a 97 chevy silverado ext.cab dually with the 6.5,it wasn't a power house but it was a great truck actually i'm looking to buy one so i don't have to put so many miles on my demaxs:help ,for instance my 06 is 10 months old and has 40k on it and my 05 has 90k on it.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 6.5 TD in my 98' Hummer.
If you want to talk to the guru of 6.5 TD's it is Dennis Sweeny at UORV and GEPP. He was the head mechanic at Team Hummer Racing and left when they went over to the Duramax. He left on good terms and only so he could take is experience with the 6.5 and start his own business dealing with Hummers and supped up 6.5 TD's for the military. If you want a bulitproof 6.5 performer talk to this guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got one...
in a 96' 3/4 ton burban.

Plan on it being a weekends, bad weather, a little in state towing machine. 130k on the odometer solid body, starts and goes with one little puff of rich then perfect running. Remote start should be nice, to use.

Add in a dvd player for the kids and we got our weekend to the cabin machine, replaces a pretty used up minivan that I never got better than 19mpg out of anyhow, this thing will be much cooler to drive.

Will have it in to my local/trusty guy for a full fluid update, check out, let me know what I should be looking at any weekend projects it may need done before winter hits.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts

Here's mine! I love it. Great fuel econ. Last I checked I was getting like 22mpg highway. I am currently saving for a duramax but I must admit this truck has been a really reliable truck. Only thing is I have had to throw a few PMD's at it. haha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 6.5 TD in a 97 2 door tahoe 4x4. I used it to travel from job site to job site until I bought a duramax LB7 crew cab in 2002. I drove the 02 til last month when I picked up my 08 LMM crew cab. I still own all of them and I still love the way the 2 door tahoe 6.5 TD drives and handles. She has 310,000 miles on her and I just had the original 4L80E transmission and the transfer case rebuilt two months ago. I have never had any major problems with it and I look forward to driving her for years to come.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
GM-Diesel.com has tons of info for 6.2's and 6.5's,diesel place too,only I don't visit em as often now they are so crammed full of members, I think they have a good site and informative,just very busy!!! SORRY meant to say DIESEL PAGE not place they SUCK!!! Diesel page is the good one!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts