Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 3, ..........

Votes: 3 3.0%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went in to buy my new one after I left it in drove off, the parts guys said "you would be surprised how many of these I have already sold!!"

Well........

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I keep mine in my toolbox when not in use. But then again it's only a piece of steel square stock that cost $20, so losing it once in a blue moon isn't breaking the bank.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep mine in my toolbox when not in use. But then again it's only a piece of steel square stock that cost $20, so losing it once in a blue moon isn't breaking the bank.
True but if the dealership is 67 miles away, that piece of steel stock is a pain in the a$$!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My buddy just lost his

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is kinda funny, I mean my buddy got one and when I saw it after about 2 weeks I told him "dude make sure you keep track of that adapter..." before I could finish he interupted with "already lost it"....I could not stop laughing, [email protected] hitches :rofl

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Mine is locked in and I literally cant remember which key it is lol gonna suck when I actually have to get another one with a little more of a drop

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I'm looking at getting the hitch that actually has a 2.5" shank on it. They are only like $40 from what I've seen.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am starting to feel like a dumba$$ looking at this poll, I thought there would be more of you like me......

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Don't feel like a dumbass man. I just leave mine in and locked. I'm too lazy to take it off.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I keep it in the truck box but that adapter is stupid, why would you need a 2.5" opening on a junk hitch?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
I tacked welded one in for a guy on his ford a 5 or 6 years back. If you don't a class V hitch or plan on getting one that what I'd do. Just weld it where it could be cut with a zip wheel easily. They sell them at most trailer shops.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I have a thin metal cable that I put through it's hole and on one of the tiedown hooks/loops in the bed so It doesn't slide around or fall out somehow. That or it is attached to the receiver or hitch itself.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I leave mine in just about all of the time. I took everything but the adapter out when I had my truck parked in a garage at the Carnival cruise ship pier in Mobile a few months ago. I drove for about an hour after we got back from our cruise and it the adapter didn't fall out. I got lucky that time!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts