Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much lift would it take to clear 37x13.50 mt tires on 24x12 Hostile wheels. I'm hoping I can get by with 8-9 inches. I don't mind trimming the plastic under the bumper but don't want to cut the actual bumper.
I appreciate any feedback.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Just do a 4-6 inch lift with the extra large fender mod

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the feedback but with a 6" lift you would have to do a lot of cutting on the metal of the front bumper.. I really don't want to cut any metal on the bumper.

·
Registered
550 Posts
9-11I'd say. That wide of a wheel I would do at least a 9"

·
Registered
554 Posts
6" lift will work

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job on your truck! Looks amazing.
Did you have to do any trimming on the rear of the fender at all? And what metal did you have to trim?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Mxsledder -

Something to consider when asking how much lift is to ask about the angles of the suspension of a truck you find you like the looks and someone says they made it work. Basically you don't want to over stretch a lift kit and harm the ride.

Here is a 7-9" Cognito and it was super tight on clearance at proper ride height of 8" and 10" wide wheels with 4.5" bs :

Here is the truck with the suspension at full compression and it barely clears at full lock on the cab side, the bumper had to be cut also.

If you are looking to go with a 12" wide wheel I would suggest a 10" lift, perfect suspension angles, full cycle of the suspension with minor trimming on the cab side plastic and or bumper. Yes 37" would be alittle small so I would suggest a 38" tires to get that best happy middle for the look you are after.

Here is a 2015 on a Cognito 10" set at about 11" with 24x12 wheels & 38" Nitto's

Here is a guy running a 7" Cognito on I believe 14" wide wheels, a lot of cutting and yes it looks cool to some but I would not say that you go this route if you want the better results in ride quality and wear on the front end.

Hope some of this info helps you in the direction you are looking to go.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got 37's on 22x12 rims
BDS 6.5" with cognito upper control arms. Turned up a little. Also I regeared. I think it's a must.

You do need to cut metal bumble though. No way around it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Can I get a few more pictures of this truck with some attention to the bumper and wheel wells?

Thanks,

MC

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm running the cognito 7-9 set at 8" on 37 14.50 20x10 -19 novokanes and i have 0 rubbing

I just did the bumper relocation mod, no cutting what so ever

1 - 20 of 47 Posts