Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 duramax with the allsion. 195k most everything has been gone through to add reliability and power to pull the hills and passes from Denver west. I currently have 50hp injectors from ATS, Airaid intake, banks six gun, banks monster single exhaust, banks big head waste gate, superchips flashpaq, FASS lift pump. I recently had it dyno'd and it only came to about 370 at the rear wheel with all chips at max, I know the transmission takes a lot, but not that much. Does anyone have any idea what I need to look into to find why my power gets lost somewhere? The transmission doesn't seem to slip and we have never had a limp home problem before. We have always done trans services every year and no excess metal and no out the ordinary wear on anything. I need help, I paid for all this power and want to find it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Your losing your power through the chip.... Get EFI and you will limp your tranny no problem with all the power it will throw out

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Your losing your power through the chip.... Get EFI and you will limp your tranny no problem with all the power it will throw out
X2! Banks doesnt make very much hp and is a waste to have if you have 50 hp nozzles... I put down 451 with just a EFI tune on 35's...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
yea there is no reason to stack chips, not to mention u are stacking to chips that make no power whatsoever to begin with. get efi live and call it a day cause i garuntee u can limp that tranny with a big efi live tune

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yep limped my tranny 6 times in the month I had my EFI tunes before I got my built trans

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all the replies, will look into it. As far as transmission mods go, which should i start with?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks to all the replies, will look into it. As far as transmission mods go, which should i start with?
THE WHOLE THING! There really isn't a cheap mod to hold good power. Gonna just have to bite that $4500.00 bullet and let it ride! :gearjamin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not looking for much as the truck will probably go into the shop next year or the year after to get built right, prepare for more questions later. I just want to know if there are any little things or just save the money for the big build later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts