Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding the folowing items then hitting the dyno next week, what RWHP & Torque do you think I will be putting down? I will post the results when done.

Items installed at time of Dyno:
Suncoast Stage 3 & 1058 Con.
LBZ Mouthpiece
FASS Fuel Pump
4" Magnaflow w/o cat
BD Manafold & Gauges
And.... Custom EFI Live Tune including turning off EGR and Mass Airflow Sensor Delete.

Also Dyno Run will be conducted at 3500 feet above sea level with an air temp arround 50 to 60 degrees.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I am adding the folowing items then hitting the dyno next week, what RWHP & Torque do you think I will be putting down? I will post the results when done.

Items installed at time of Dyno:
Suncoast Stage 3 & 1058 Con.
LBZ Mouthpiece
FASS Fuel Pump
4" Magnaflow w/o cat
BD Manafold & Gauges
And.... Custom EFI Live Tune including turning off EGR and Mass Airflow Sensor Delete.

Also Dyno Run will be conducted at 3500 feet above sea level with an air temp arround 50 to 60 degrees.
do you mean intake heater delete?

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
how are you gonna delete the mass airflow sensor?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the Mass air Flow Sensor.. It can be done. The Guy who is doing it has done it to his own truck and has had great results.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
how is the ecm going to tell the injectors on how much fuel to injector in for mass air flow sensor is deleted? i would like to know aswell please

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not an EFI Live Pro but he told me that by changing the way your engine reads off of the throttle he has found a way to delete the MAF Sensor. It works and ive seen it proven. Sorry i don't know all of the details.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will find out more when it is done.. I will share what i learned then.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
you better find out more before u do it

what are you goin to gain from doin it?
cause i dont see a point on how its going to help you or give you anymore power

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It allows me to convert to a LBZ Air Intake without throwing a code. Trust me I asked the same when he told me it can be done. I thought he was crazy.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
y do u need to convert to the the lbz intake? :confused:
just buy a 50 dollar mouth piece and probly sovled

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Mouth piece is already changed and is a larger diameter than the lly intake tubes. It is a better way to keep under the hood clean.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
This makes no sense....you mean rescale the the maf to a lbz intake so you can use the new mouthpiece? Deleting it would be incrediably stupid

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you dont mind me asking who is your tuner??

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What you guys are concerned about is totaly legit.. I trust his tuning and am willing to see how it turns out. I appreciate your questions and concerns. If it works on my LLY as well as it works on his LLY.. I will run it that way. If not it can be changed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Advanced Diesel Works in Montana

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You will make around 500-525. I am going to the dyno this Saturday and am hoping for about 500.

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I will post what i find out.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
The Mouth piece is already changed and is a larger diameter than the lly intake tubes. It is a better way to keep under the hood clean.
yes.... but if u were to buy aftermarket mouthpiece and its bigger and a you get better airflow then the lbz
this is still not making any sense to me y you would do this
and plus even with the lbz intake there is still i spot for the air sensor

by taking this out you can mess up your whole truck
have you ever seen what a smoke switch does????? your pretty much doin that but taking everything out

i really see no gains from this what so ever

1 - 20 of 27 Posts