Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using korys 100hp stock trans tune and i put my foot into it a little bit after a stop sign today and noticed some smoke. I thought i was supposed to see no smoke. Attached is a video of me in my driveway putting my foot into it a little while in neutral. Can someone tell me if this is normal?

(Video shortly... Being a pain uploading from my phone)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the fuel table is increased, so you will notice some smoke until the turbo lights up, then it should disappear. You'll notice in kory and robs vids, they both smoke initially, but the smoke quickly goes away. That's the big thing I think is that you get a little smoke for a short time, then it's gone. Not smoke the whole time your foots planted on the skinny.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
A light grey haze is normal billowing black smoke is not.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Duramax- little haze to none.

Cummins- black out the intersection

Powerstroke- None, because its broke down and in the repair shop

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, here are a couple videos.

this video I'm going about 50Km/h and I sunk my foot to the floor.

And on this video I'm sitting in my driveway in neutral

Sorry for the video orientation... it was difficult to hold my phone sideways with one hand :p

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
my opinion thats normal.. especially from your rolling grandstand. lol thats really clean for an lb7.
my danville tunes smoke more than that by far. on my race tune it takes a long time for it to clear up. and its still hazy black til i let off

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
My 100hp smokes about the same maybe a little more and the 120hp even more. But once the turbo lights half a second later it's clean as a gasser

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
My pickup does the same thing and I emailed kory and he said its normal for LB7s so I wasn't worried.Thanks for the awesome tunes kory:)

Sent from my S3

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That's pretty normal, cleans right up after the turbo spooled.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Ha. That's nothing. Really clean if you ask me. Get a built trans and a bigger turbo, then you start to smoke. This was a tow tune before the tuning was changed for my new turbo.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's pretty normal, cleans right up after the turbo spooled.
Thanks for the replies everyone! I just had no idea what was and wasn't normal, glad to hear :). I first started noticing it today from slow speeds so the turbo spool up thing makes sense. In the one video it does clear up after the initial puff of smoke, but I didn't notice while I was driving... better to keep my eyes on the road when I have this thing floored, right? :rof:gearjamin

Thanks again for the wicked tunes kory, she pulls hard and gets way better mileage :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
not often I put the 150 on and use it but when I do I smoke a lot more than that, I get nothing on the mod stock or up to 50hp no matter how much weight is attached to the truck

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not often I put the 150 on and use it but when I do I smoke a lot more than that, I get nothing on the mod stock or up to 50hp no matter how much weight is attached to the truck
Haha I've never put the 120 or the 150 on. The way my truck pulls when I'm on the 100 feels like it's tear my truck apart anyways. lol. :gearjamin

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Ha. That's nothing. Really clean if you ask me. Get a built trans and a bigger turbo, then you start to smoke. This was a tow tune before the tuning was changed for my new turbo.

06 duramax llz - YouTube
Mine smoked more than that on a stock truck with my edge on lvl 3. It's really amazing how clean these tunes are that some of these guys like Rob and Kory are coming up with, my tunes from Rob barely haze at all on a 100hp tune.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
garbage tune get longhorn fab, much better :thumb

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
:rofl

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
garbage tune get longhorn fab, much better :thumb
I'll get right on that. I want a 100hp smoke tune instead of these crappy tunes I got from Kory.:rof

1 - 20 of 30 Posts