Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discoverer ht's on my wifes expedition and I love them, they are near silent. Obviously these are totally different tires, but I dont want a noisy tire. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I have 33x12.5-17's on my truck and they're not bad. They're not silent but not near as loud as my Toyo Open Country M/t's. My only complaint is that they sling gravel worse than any tire I've ever had. I can't even drive down a gravel driveway without slingin gravel outta the tread for 2 miles. If you frequent gravel roads, these are not the tires for you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am running some 285-75-16 on mine and they dont get noisy till time to change them,good tire.

·
Registered
506 Posts
my garage only handles the coopers lifeliners suck but u wont be usin them. i recommend the cooper zeons there amazing tire have them on my truck there sharp looking and look aggresive but still quite stt are good also

·
Registered
622 Posts
just mounted mt stt's today still waitin on lug nuts though

·
Registered
528 Posts
not very loud at all for how aggresive they are but be prepared to buy another set at about 10k they dont wear good on diesels even if you rotate them religiously but offroad capabilitys are very good and they look cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had Coopers on my 2006 gmc 1500 until I got my 07 classic duramax. Its a great tire no problems at all. I would rotate them as much as you can because I had bad wear on the outside after I got new keys put it. They are pretty quite and a great lookin' tire.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
A buddy has a set of 37x12.5-17 STT's on his diesel megacab. Atleast 20k on the tires and still half tread. I've been told to expect between 30-40k outta a set if you rotate and keep your front end alligned.

10k, come on man, I've heard of better mileage out of boggers. You may wanna have your truck checked out, sounds like it's way outta align

·
Registered
528 Posts
wasnt my truck its my buddys 09 dodge diesel and tires dont last long around here cause theres so many curves and we all drive aggresive i had a set myself on a 2 door tahoe they seemed to wear alright but it didnt have a 900lb diesel and boggers shit ive owned 37s 38.5s and a set of 39.5x18s your lucky to get 7k out of around here on the hard top i went to mud grapplers on my old one ton just because of wear

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The only time i notice my STT's is when im runnin abour 30 mph threw town, they have a slight whine, but that is the only time i notice them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts