Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell do i loosen the bolts on my egr. i worked on them for 30 minutes today sweating my nuts off with the veins in my arms about to explode. not enough room. This EGR block plate is a pain in the nuts...

·
Registered
676 Posts
yes it is, i also swore my nuts off, i had to make a little leverage bar that had a bend in it and have someone hold that on the nut, it was a bad day. but it worked.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Took me 15 minutes. Soak those SOBs with PB Blaster and use a hammer. Having two people helps a lot too.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i might make a mix of brake fluid and 3 in 1 to make the ultamite penetrating oil... and i will have the truck up to 210 degrees tomorrow.... i am angry!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Put the wrench on the nut and have someone else hold it on there very tight, then take the hammer and beat the snot out of the wrench.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had no problem. I didn't have anytrouble with the FPRV either.... You fellas need to work out or something

·
Registered
506 Posts
i bought a long handle flex head 3/8 rachet, and that's all i used. Took alittle doing but in all about 20min and it was done

·
Registered
926 Posts
12mm flex head gear wrench is the easiest, the first time I messed with mine, I didn't have one, and they were hard to get to. Someone posted 3/8 while ago, but that is to small, won't work.

·
Timeless Perfection!
796 Posts
It was really easy I had Bigredchevy do it for me. lol! PB Blaster works great.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
It was really easy I had Bigredchevy do it for me. lol! PB Blaster works great.
how much did that run you? im edgey on doing it myself. i know i could just don't know if i wanna mess with it.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
dude it takes 5 minutes, i dont think lb7's have a egr unless in cali

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
they make the plate for it...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts