Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
18,108 Posts
I just thought if I am only changing it out once a year, why be cheap. The hardest part was that screw in front of the console, it took me 1/2 hour to get it.
Thanks man for the link. I heard that one was the PITA.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
My hands are all nicked up from the plastic panels....

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
If you want the cheaper filter the part is 6002503

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
...The hardest part was that screw in front of the console, it took me 1/2 hour to get it.
:rof
I take it, you chose to leave it out on re-assembly? haha:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
I bought this kit along with the A/C cleaner you posted in your other thread. My question is when you cut the lid out and expose the evap coil, can you simply spray the coil at that point? Is there a reason you can remove the filters and spray the coil without having to feel around through a drilled hole?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Adding the filters supersedes the drill hole access for cleaning on the other thread. With the case opened up for the filters, you're right there for cleaning.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sweet, so I can knock out both at the same time basically. Good thread

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quick Follow-up question -

For the cheaper filters I see I need 2 and the kit comes with 2. For the Carbon activated is it just 1 big one? or do I need 2?

I like the idea of only having to cut a smaller slot and sliding in the 2 filters.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Will it work for the LML?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Carbon, I've never used those, can't say if they're 1 or 2 in packaging.

LML? inspect and see. It works on a 2011, but Someone posted up that GM added it back on the 2015 and it looks different in orientation for install.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I ordered the carbon kit from NAPA and installed it today. The carbon kit is 1 big filter and you cannot get the little filters (the ones for '02 trucks like the ones the OP used) in carbon.

Install took about an hour and I used a utility knife and some vice grips. The knife scored the plastic then I was able to snap off the plastic. Like tabs. I opted to leave off the left screw - out was easy, going back in wasn't happening at all. My Evap was pretty clean but glad I added the filter. Should save my nose and car by keeping them cleaner.

Thanks for the DIY write up! It was perfect!

Reactions: 48548

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Will try over the weekend if I don't get stuck on the jet boat all weekend. ...procrastination

·
Registered
18,108 Posts
i didnt like the mega cab, due to work, the quad cab was too small in the back, the chevy is a very nice layout on a truck, lots of power from the Duramax, if it got any mileage at all, i would highly recommend one.Nothing against the Chevy guys on here they are lots of help, I would have bought a dodge. Just my .02 cents. Love the Chevy, Not to crazy about the Duramax.
What was the fram part #?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yea. I did this on my 14 and still works good
Is this the same for a Tahoe of the 07+ year model? My buddys wife has one that stinks like mildew when he first fires up the A/C and I told him to add filters and clean it like I did my LBZ... I just want to make sure it's possible before I send him on a wild goose chase

41 - 60 of 134 Posts