Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boost gauge is only showing 25 pounds i would like to know how to adjust the waste gate or can i just block it off

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any one someone has to to know how to adjust the waste gate

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
^^^^ probably need some tunning to get the boost up..... Just looked at your sig, did Rob tune before or after your new turbo??? Might wana give him a call and tell him what you want.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would probably say he did the tuning after since you need EFI to switch from the LLY stocker to a wastegated turbo

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he did the tuning after if i go out and floor it it goes up to 25 26 pounds then the truck shifts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is this adjustment done by adding more fuel it only smokes when i floor it from a dead stop then it clears right up my budy has the same turbo on his dodge he blocked the wastegate off his will run 55 pounds i know htt sets them at 30 or 32 pounds i think

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
55 lbs is out of map for that charger i think.

getting the timing right is really important for gated bigger chargers

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
Something is wrong, my stock LBZ tune pushes 30-32psi. dont block the gate, it's there for a reason.. The dodge turbos are way smaller, they do not compare to the dmax HTT, mine is a 66-71-13 the dodges can be a 62-66-12 and still be a S300.

Also, the gate from HTT is "supposed" to be set to 40psi, yet I have spiked to 46 at the track and messing around. I read a thread on duramax diesels, and one guy had an issue like you have, he found out his gate was set to 25-28psi and it would open. I havent had an issue with mine so I havent evert messed with it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wel just went and tried my stock tune and it would only push 17 pounds so is there any way to find out if the wastegate is working right

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just went out and unhooked the wastgate boost stayed the same , ive been losing a little bit of coolant it lookes like it was coming out of the egr were the block off plate goes, is coolant supose to be in there and how do you tell if you have a blown head gasket, would i lose boost my oils looks good and the level is staying the same and i have no white smoke

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Just a question, but what are you monitoring the Boost with? I only ask because any gauge that hooks up to the OBDII (Aerforce,edge,etc..) will only read around 25 psi max. Case in point, my MPI twin setup makes 48 psi of boost, but my aeroforce gauges only read 25.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have an issopro boost gauge it goes up to 60 pounds

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Sounds like you have an exhaust leak at the egr somewhere. Or possibly even a boost leak.

And no coolant should not be in there

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i just bypassed the coolant so it does not go into the egr any more it seamed to help with the stock tune i hit 20 pounds and with the race tune i hit 30

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
well i just bypassed the coolant so it does not go into the egr any more it seamed to help with the stock tune i hit 20 pounds and with the race tune i hit 30
You need to tighten up where it's blocked off. Sounds like an exhaust leak

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok iam going to check that i found an exhaust leak on the lower passenger side up pipe there was some soot i put 3/4 of a turn on the upper bolt

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
that sounds like a real good start. that was a good find. if it were me id check every exhaust connection for leaks. thats what i did after the twin install :drink

·
Registered
9 Posts
this may b ignorent. but on a lb7 isnt the waste gate adjusted with my efi. i dnt think anything can b done manually? btw its a stock charger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts