Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like road paint splattered on my camper mirrors, with the porous plastic material. I can't get them clean, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
hrmm have you tried goof off, brake cleaner, or mineral spirits with a scotch brite pad?

·
Registered
304 Posts
ya id recommend scotch brite or steel wool! worth a shot. if anything, just paint em to match! :D

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried any yet. I do have most of the products, but didn't wants to make the mirrors worse.

Not sure how, but the splatter only seems to be on the mirrors. I do keep a good/frequent layer of wax/polish on the truck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fingernail polish remover…..?????

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i used goof off once and it took the black pigment from the plastic i wouldnt reccomend using it but depending how much is their normaly when i do a vehicle with road paint i use paint thinner and a plastic razor blade and i towel. sometimes i dont use the plastic razor blade but in some instances it comes in handy. make sure u treat the plastic though when your done so it dosent fade quick. a parts store should sell something for black plastic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts