Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel mighty stupid asking, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect the truck to the software to read the injectors using V8. I used to be able to do it with V7.5, but it won't allow that anymore.

I have everything plugged in correctly, if I go to read the tune, auto detect the ecm, etc it recognizes the truck. But when I try to scan, the buttons to connect never light up. They just stay greyed out. Playback data in real time will allow me to click on it, but it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
26,481 Posts
I feel mighty stupid asking, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect the truck to the software to read the injectors using V8. I used to be able to do it with V7.5, but it won't allow that anymore.

I have everything plugged in correctly, if I go to read the tune, auto detect the ecm, etc it recognizes the truck. But when I try to scan, the buttons to connect never light up. They just stay greyed out. Playback data in real time will allow me to click on it, but it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you've updated everything, then scan thru the sticky and follow the link...on down to page two, "Add the PIDs" tells all. IIRC, you can have up to 32 selected. Once that's built, you load it to the V2 for monitoring or data-logging.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/89831-use-your-v2.html

Or, are you using a laptop/tablet for access?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, to add to my problems...I'm getting an $0280 code. No vehicle detected.

This isn't the first time I've tried logging or tuning anything. I've done probably 10 or 12 trucks over the last few years I've had the V2. I'm familiar with V7.5, just not V8 other than for tuning.

I need to read the injectors on my brother's truck. I couldn't get it to work the other night at his house, so I decided to see if I could check it out on mine. I can't get it to work on either truck. I wasn't getting the $0280 code the other day, but now I am.

I was using my laptop, as I prefer that, but it is dead and I left my charger in my brother's truck so I've been attempting to use just the V2.

I just used my home computer to update to the latest pre release software and firmware for the V2. Tried connecting to the truck again and still nothing.

All fuses are good, V2 powers up when plugged in. Batteries are good in truck. Anyone ever had the cable go bad? Or the V2 itself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.