Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My trucks in the shop gettin the tranny built right now. I have efi live tuned by idahorob. What is it gonna take to get me runnin low 13s or high 12s? Can I get a lift pump and a bigger tune and do it?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
tie rod sleeves and a decent tune and you'll be mid 13's EASY.

315's aren't helping your cause any, but a lift pump, sleeves, and a big tune will probably (with some good driving) get you into high 12's.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about launching in 2wd? Can i just get a set of slicks to run on the back or even drag radials? Im not sure ill have the money for sleeves by the time I go to the track.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
lets just say fast trucks arent lifted as for the sleeves you can leave in 2wd but i wouldn't leave the 315's on there

·
Registered
736 Posts
Did you spend all your money on your trans?! haha jk man...sleeves are only like $90...slicks or drag radials might cost you a limb or two compared to that! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL i didnt realize they were that cheap! So all I need is the sleeves and Ill be fine to launch in 4x4? Also Im sure I will be able to round up some stock size tires for the strip.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yup, that's all you need to launch in 4wd. A set of pitman/idler arm braces would be a good idea in the future so you can drive straight too :eek:

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
LOL i didnt realize they were that cheap! So all I need is the sleeves and Ill be fine to launch in 4x4? Also Im sure I will be able to round up some stock size tires for the strip.
well not so quick jimmy , for you to be runnin 315's without a lift (not sure if you have one or not:)) your t-bars are prolly cranked pretty high, your cv axles and tierods need to be perpendicular to the ground

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have a lift just f*rd keys and the tbars are turned up a lil, But I guess the best thing to do before i go to the strip would be to lower them down a good bit to make the cv angle less extreme. Doing that with the tie rod sleeves I should be ok??

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
yep the lower the better i leave at about 12-15psi which is pretty high in the rpm range 2200 or so i think

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK sweet Thanks for all the help! It will be a lil while before i go to the track but ill be sure to post how i do!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here's another question. What would it take to get my truck to run at that speed? With all the above stated already added of course(tie rod sleeves, good tune, transmission work, lowered t bars). With my current tires even, I wanna look cool as I cross the line.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
with enough power it's possible, but you'll want EFI and probably a built transmission. Traction will be tough though in 2wd. A Quad or Superchips won't get you anywhere near 13's unfortunatley.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts