Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been fighting the good ol p2563 and p003a codes on my 06 for a bit and I haven't really messed with it since I have been doing so many other things and not even driving the truck but it is time to take care of this. I checked tonight and the plunger doesn't move and the vanes are stuck between 46-52 percent. Question is do I pull and clean, pull and replace with another stock charger, or pull and upgrade. Truck has 175k
I don't race the truck but I like to play around with it and I do pull occasionally. It has been known to surprise people at a stoplight from time to time lol. I don't have a built trans or lift pump yet but those will come at one time or another, lift pump sooner then later.

Really just wondering if the stock charger has more room to grow for later or if it would be better to upgrade, and if so which one should I be considering? I don't really want to have to retune right away unless I have to since I have so many other things I will be having to do at the same time. I read all about different ones and I am not sure which one, I don't want to go overboard either.

Right now the truck has efi from rob, transgo jr, Pcv reroute, dp, mbrp intercooler pipe, and exhaust.

I have had the egr disabled but still there this whole time but I am thinking I will go with a profab delete pipe and either his full cast flows and up pipes or just do the lml manifold and tow flow up pipes. Might as well do it all at the same time as removing the turbo. Going to remove it all anyways.

Just looking for input from those that have been in this situation.......... Thanks guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: RLLBZ

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ok, the turbos are a pain in the ass the remove lol...it all depends on your budget as well...a turbo shop would charge about 300 to fully clean....if it was my truck, I would drop in a 4094 vvt stage 1 or 2...its a great charger and its a bolt up, both chargers are very streetable...hope this helps

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya!

I just talked with ATP and they recommended a stage 2 danville 3794...... said it will give me room to grow but not become laggy and will still boost really similar to stock. Also having them do the retune for free if I bought it from them would be a big plus. I am thinking I may just go this route. I have their tuning right now and the truck has been awesome.

I think I will start collecting parts and just take care of this in a couple of months since I plan on doing the full egr delete and up pipes at the same time. Seems like I might as well do it once and move on. Until the next thing needs upgrading lol.

Seems like by the time you get everything upgraded it has to many miles and you start over again lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with a powermax stage 1. Very happy with it and the Danville single tow tune. Had the same issues you have. Unison ring was froze to the housing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's new with no core for 200 more than a GM reman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts