Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after installing me HID's I took some pics of my 07 classic to help out everyone. This shows where I mounted the ballasts and doesn't mean you have to follow what I did exactly, this is more of a suggestion. So first off make sure you have enough double sided sticky foam, a package of moderate size black zip ties, a pair of side cutters and maybe some needle nose.

This is where I mounted the ballasts for the fogs lights.

Now on the passenger side there is a plastic shield there. I removed the 2 bolts in the passenger fender well, mounted the ballast and then drilled 2 new holes and put the bolts back through the new holes. After the ballast is mounted it wont allow the plastic shield the back up though the factory holes.

Next I mounted the low beam ballasts.

Next I mounted the high beam ballasts.

Now when both of those ballasts are mounted the factory wiring harness may need to be rerouted to put the harness in a better position.

Now to help everyone out with the revivers polarity issue when plugging in the factory plug into the ballast. If you notice the ballast has a tab on opposite sides of each other. The one tab is considerably larger then the other. When you plug in the factory plug into the ballast you want the clip on the plug to go over top of the larger tab of the ballast.

Not the smaller tab.

When you goto install the bulbs into the fog, low beam or high beam lenses I removed the extension harness from the bulb harness because I didn't need it. Carefully with a set of side cutter a couple of cuts in the right spot will help rid the bulb harness from the unused grommet and extension harness.

When it come time to put the head light assembly back in this is where I tucked the extra harness at.

·
Registered
434 Posts
finished pics?

·
Registered
434 Posts
like show the lights finished with the hids on

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After all is installed, here are the fog lights only(35W H10 3000k)

Fogs and Lows(fogs 35W H10 3000k and lows 35W 9006 8000k)

Highs only(didn't do the all on mod yet, 55W 9005 8000k)

Side view of the lows and fogs

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
I am almost ready to install mine but on ur first post and the next to the last pic mine have those metal tipped connectors.what do i do with those?

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The way I installed my ballasts I didn't need any extension harness's, I removed the extension harness and grommet because they were unneeded. I did keep the extension harness around because it could be valuable later down the line.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What kind of HID's did you get. Recently i put in a set of 35w 8000k low beams and it looks like to me your fog lights are about 10x than my lows alone.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Boreen, make sure they are aimed right. My 8000K cheapies didnt look that bright either. I also had to re-aim my headlights. I got a set of 6000K from BFXenon and they are much brighter than my cheapies.

·
Registered
592 Posts
dang, I'm glad I ordered slim ballasts, took me about 2 seconds to find where to mount em, worth the extra 10 bucks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey i plan on doin mine this month...where would you recomend buying them from....good quality and good price....thank you

·
Registered
407 Posts
any one have pics of what 5000k or 6000k look like on a silverado? thank you

1 - 20 of 66 Posts