Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some parts other than traction bars to really get my truck to hook up and not hop and spin?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I assume it is a 2wd?
It is nearly impossible to get good traction with a 2wd without traction bars

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Well it doesn't help having 22" wheels either. Those things are heavy as hell and will not have much room to lower air pressure to help them hook up better. I also assume you mean at the drag strip and not the pulling track?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
drag radials, trac bars, elmer's glue all applied to tires 30 seconds before launch

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yes at the strip not pulling this truck.
and yea 22s dont help but truck came with them and i dont have the money to drop on some difference size wheels and tires.
and elmers glue hahahahhah! ill have to try that one.

so no certain shocks or shackles there is out there made for it?
only reason i havent put trac bars on mine yet is it sits so low if i hit a speed bump with the bars on i bet they will scrape.

·
Registered
915 Posts
you could try some spring clamps

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Out of curiosity, where would I find drag radials/slicks and which would be better for my truck, 05 EC/SB? I'm only stock right now and I've only been to the drag strip a few times but I want to get into it more and not really shot in the a$$ with doing 4 wheel launches.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
It will be much faster in 4hi.
Get some 50 dollar tie rod sleeves and you'll be good.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
get meats!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
So if I launch in 4hi, do I switch to 2wd to finish the track cause I noticed that it really starts whining when I got up there? I would feel more comfortable with slicks but at the same time, I've only had my truck for a year and I've really only been seriously learning about it for the last couple months.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
So if I launch in 4hi, do I switch to 2wd to finish the track cause I noticed that it really starts whining when I got up there? I would feel more comfortable with slicks but at the same time, I've only had my truck for a year and I've really only been seriously learning about it for the last couple months.
Nope. It wont come out of 4wd until there is no power going to the differential. I've done over 140 passes in 4hi with no ill effects. Change the fluid in the transfer case and both differentials and see if the whining goes away.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Well, I ask because the one run I did, after I launched I hit the 2wd button, it eventually switched before I got 1/2 down the track.

I'm about do for fluid swaps so I'll give that a shot first.

I just don't know though, maybe its because I come from a RWD car background but my gut tells me I'd be better off on rear slicks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts