Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
can you use red? leds and how hard is it to do this? cause my sodering sucks

· Registered
591 Posts
so how do you do the lights in the switchs? i bought 30 red 360 5mm leds. has anyone does the switchs and if so do you have pics and info cause i dont wanna break all the switchs

· Registered
591 Posts
ok isent there already LEDS in the cluster? so why do we need to add the resistors if all were doign is replacing the current LEDS with others?

· Registered
591 Posts
ok does anyone have a close up pic of a led installed? cause i wanna do mine this weekend i got everything but i want more info to go off of

· Registered
591 Posts
ok so i did the led write up with the 1/2 watt 33 ohm resitors and 360 5mm red leds and i pluged them in and did everything its worked for about 5 mins then i seen a puff of smoke some from behind the dash i pulled the cluster and seen that all the lights resistors had eather burned or the soder connections came apart. so what the hell did i do wrong? i followed the write up to the tee and made sure all my soders were good were the resistors wrong?

· Registered
591 Posts
Were they 33 ohm or 330 ohm?
You may have hooked them up backwards.
they were 33 not 330 i made a mistake when getting them and i didnt hook them up backward cause if i did the led would not work and i hooked them up like in the pic in this thread i figured out my prob and went out and got the 330 ohm resistors im fixing it now

· Registered
591 Posts
i need some of the ( optional ) beer:drink:drink:drink:rof

· Registered
591 Posts
its working ill post some pics soon

· Registered
591 Posts
the hvac control might be possible but i broke the temp switch while pulling the tabs off so its depends if you wanna risk breaking it or not and 130 for a new control unit .... its all up to you if you wanna risk it, as far as the other switchs i tried but sorry i dont wanna risk breaking them. whats the point of new lights when the switchs look like crap cause there broken, will post pics soon

· Registered
591 Posts
here are the pics:drink

Attachments

· Registered
591 Posts
i have no clue why they posted upsidedown..... hahahaha but yeah there ya go

· Registered
591 Posts
how hard was it to pull apart the 4x4 and light switch? i tried to do my climate control and broke the knob for the temp. i had to get a new one and i said screw it. but i wanna try to do all of them even the ones in my steering wheel controls. has anyone done all of them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.