Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 677 Posts

· Registered
1,021 Posts
my leds just shipped they should be here tom or tues! then ill be getting to work and posting some pictures!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
my leds get here today hopefully I can get it done this weekend and same with my cobalts

· Registered
1,021 Posts
ok so i got my cluster/4x4/headlight/cargo switch all soldered up. they look awesome! but i went to take a part my hvac control and broke the lever trying to pop the little rubber cover off. do you guys have any tips or tricks to taking apart the manual climate control 2 knobs(fan speed/air direction) 2 sliders (driver temp/pass temp)? i have a new hvac control on the way and wanna figure out how to get this done before i break the new one as well!

thanks

oh and some pics!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Looks good man! Hopefully I can get mine done on friday

· Registered
1,021 Posts
i used the 360* led from superbrightleds.com and 470ohm resistors from radio shack. i got 2 194-size 5 led bulbs for my gauges too it def looks good!

def need to do the hvac though i just cant get it apart! any tips would be appreciated!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I have the ones to do the cluster, but what did you use to do like the 4 wheel drive and stuff?

· Registered
1,021 Posts
I have the ones to do the cluster, but what did you use to do like the 4 wheel drive and stuff?
i used the same bulbs as i did the cluster so they appear the same in color. used the same process to do them as well. i ordered 30 led's so that i would have enough to do all my controls. still have 15 left!

· Registered
1,021 Posts
from wat i understand the 2002 uses a 194 style bulb. the 03+ trucks have a soldered in bulb. i got mine from superbrightleds.com

· Premium Member
1,435 Posts
jaylat how close to buffalo are you. can i hire you to do mine?

· Registered
1,021 Posts
i live in albany i think its quite the trip. i have never seen the inside of an lmm and wouldnt know where to start on taking it apart. id def help you out anyway i could though!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
do those lights for the other lights on the dash just plug in or do you have to solder em?

· Registered
191 Posts
ya albany to rochester is quite a trip im smack dab btw you two in rome/utica ny...anyways so by my understanding jaylat you used 194 led bulbs to solder in behind your gauge cluster? never thought of that...must work pretty good seeing how those bulbs are already 12V no need for resistors.....

· Registered
1,021 Posts
do those lights for the other lights on the dash just plug in or do you have to solder em?
all of them require soldering. all require the resistors

ya albany to rochester is quite a trip im smack dab btw you two in rome/utica ny...anyways so by my understanding jaylat you used 194 led bulbs to solder in behind your gauge cluster? never thought of that...must work pretty good seeing how those bulbs are already 12V no need for resistors.....

i did not use the 194's. they are for the pre-'03 trucks. i used the 360* superbrightleds.com 5mmblue led's. i got 2-194 blue 5led bulbs 1 for each of my autometer gauges. they look sick! cant wait to get the climate control done and do the doors!

· Registered
191 Posts
ooo they are for the autometers ok im sorry i missunderstood i suppose you could try to fit the 194 style leds behind the dash if you wanted to they are 12v would work but might be too bright...but good im glad it worked for you gunna do mine as soon as it warms up a bit which will be like what? may lol

21 - 40 of 677 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.