Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive been looking into programmers and chips and some guys say that they smoke and others dont.......i want a good chip that smokes and makes good hp.......if there are none whats a quick way to make a decent amount of smoke?

·
Registered
704 Posts
quadzilla stealth 2 will give you the best smoke

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Whatever you do don't do a smoke switch. But all in all a smoke tune isn't good for your truck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just wrap your intake with plastic bags so no air gets into the motor, that should do it!

Your going to get bashed for this question on here...

Smoke isnt power smoke is wasted fuel, if its not burning its not making power!

That being said, if you just want to smoke people out, which I like to do to the Hybrids on the freeway, PPE make some good smoke. Or you can do what HondaRider did, write your own "smoke tune" with efi live thats all fuel and no boost.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
plastic bag over the intake. lol
quadilla will do both more so than ppe. i would do efi live and a built tranny to make safe smoke and power...or as safe as you can get

·
Registered
704 Posts
how about filling your sig out saying what yr truck you got and is anyother mods

·
Registered
168 Posts
ooooh you said the S word lol.your gonnna regret that lol...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha i know ill get bashed but i dont want smoke all the time just a nice deep puff when i get on it haha im not a poser duramax guy...i use my truck for towing, work, and plowing im just lookin to have fun with it haha and trust me i wont put a smoke switch in....im actually considering efi live, edge cs, ppe, quadzilla, haha and i am definatly first getting the trasngo jr shift kit

·
Registered
90 Posts
haha i know ill get bashed but i dont want smoke all the time just a nice deep puff when i get on it haha im not a poser duramax guy...i use my truck for towing, work, and plowing im just lookin to have fun with it haha and trust me i wont put a smoke switch in....im actually considering efi live, edge cs, ppe, quadzilla, haha and i am definatly first getting the trasngo jr shift kit
IMO, the Edge CTS is the way to go. Its simple, touch screen, on the fly, and reads - clears DTCs, tells you injector balance rates, and all that stuff

·
Registered
704 Posts
IMO, the Edge CTS is the way to go. Its simple, touch screen, on the fly, and reads - clears DTCs, tells you injector balance rates, and all that stuff
if your going to pay that much mind as well buy efi and have a chip with endless possiblities. Yes i know edge comes with gauges and efi doesnt.

·
Registered
704 Posts
cant we know what yr of truck you have that will help us out too

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
The quad smokes pretty good as long as you give her hell with no boost. Otherwise EFI Live .........

·
Registered
21,914 Posts
i run the quadzilla and have ran every tune except the 110! on my truck, they all SMOKE. the 135hp tune will roll a cloud along with the 90hp tune. i have it on the 70hp tune right now and it smoke too but not nearly as much! the 135hp tune is actually a little rediculous and i found my self trying not to smoke bc i didnt want to piss people off with it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah sorry i have a 2006 lbz duramax

·
Registered
704 Posts
i would bet efi dont make the mistake i did and buy a cheap programmer and then buy efi later save for the best

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
if you go with efi live know what your doing first before you buy it dont be cocky if someone knows and wants to help or you can pay for someone to build you a tune

1 - 20 of 35 Posts