Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to remove my door panel on my 2007.5 Chevy 2500HD due to someone punching my door lock in a theft attempt. Here is a write up on how to remove the panel with some photos. I would highly recommed going to Pepboys and getting a door panel removal tool for the door clips so you don't break them. I found a 8" stainless steel pry bar they had for $7 that worked great.

1) To start remove the plastic covers behind the door handle and the latch to reveal two 10mm bolts. Becareful not to drop the ones behind the handle down in the door. I used a piece of paper inside my socket to hold the bolts in place. Remove those three bolts.

2) Then lift up the lock tab and using a very small flat head screwdriver slightly pop out the square plastic clip to remove the lock lever.

3) Now using the pry bar or tool remove the mirror panel, there are three clips holding it in place.

4) Using the pry bar start at the bottom of the door pop the plastic clips away from the door, working all the way up to the top. Then lift the panel up out of the top molding by the window access.

5) At the bottom of the door panel you will see two plastic hooks that allow you to rest the panel in the bottom of the door so you can work on removing the door latch cable and all of the plugs on the back of the switch panel. Using a small pair of needle nose pliers squeeze the clip on the cable side where it attaches on the door latch and push it out of the bracket the pull the cable out of the latch. Set the panel aside.

6) Remove the white insulation panel. There is black sticky adhesive that holds it on the door. I used the pry bar to slowly peel it back. Now your done! :rockin

Just reverse the steps to reinstall. Make sure everything is plugged in and hooked up before you put the panel back on. Remember to first put the door panel in the top window molding then work downward. In the photo with the white insulation you will notice the top left area where iy says remove in blue, I cut that piece off because it was keeping the top plastic clip from catching.

Attachments

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Photos...

Attachments

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More Photos...

All the Red arrows show where the plastic clips are for the door panel that need to be removed.

Attachments

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Radio Panel Removal

Here is the radio panel showing where the clips are.

Attachments

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Nice! It's a little different for the LT interior, but basically the same deal. Good write up.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Nice write up!! Good job with the arrows and instructions on the pics :)

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why Thank You Sir....:drink

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great write up.. (a few weeks late though as I had to learn the hard way by breaking some clips before buying the panel tool)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.