Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to paint all the chrome pieces on the grill black and also the side things that are chrome going
Down the side should i just paint or take them
Off??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add pic

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the easiest way to do that and will it be noticeable on paint

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Look it up. There are a ton of debadging DIY on here. Look for one made by the underlord. As for the paint no is should be fine is you do it right

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah i pulled all my moldings. just used heat gun, can of wd40 and dental floss.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Can we get back on subject with painting chrome. haha i'm really intrested in doing this!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree lol

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I know there are alot of threads on here about this... But from what I can remember, rough up the crome alot and clean thoroughly. Then I would recommend plastidip ( I believe that's what it is called) then spray away

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Last chrome bumpers I did were on my buddies old 04 CR Cummins. I used 80 grit sandpaper first to rough them up, then self etching primer, then regular primer, then basecoat and clear coat. All PPG products and used an HVLP gun. He backed into some shit and it dented the hell out of the bumper but didnt crack or scuff the paint at all. Thats my recommendations. Also I bought both my primer black bumpers from LMC for $250 for the pair, so thats also an option.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I took alcohol to the bumper first after washing it to clean any oil/debris off, then roughed up my chrome with some 80# (iirc) on a grinding wheel prior to priming (only applied one thick coat) , then went over with heavy coats of spray on bedliner i purchased from lowes. Didnt have a problem with flaking or anything up until the day i gave that old crusty bumper away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts