Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new and ignorant here! I bought a real nice 2012 3500 4x4 that went to crap in a matter of 2 weeks. It has a short and shuts on and off with door locks going but always catches and fires up before it totally stops except for once when I had stopped it died. That is irritating and I got a few ideas where to look and started already but I found an old tuner while hunting in the engine bay. It's a Stealth and hardwired. Also think there is something on the tranny. I also have a mass of emissions issues and it looks like the dealer tossed on some new and wrecking yard parts to make it legal to sell.

The question boils down to this. Can I rip out this old tuner and then have it actually run like a stock truck and have the DEF crap work? Per the scanner it all works like it should but I'm on the 3rd level warning and get ready to be reduced to 55. I'm not very interested in removing my emissions stuff at this point and really just want to use my expensive paperweight.

·
Registered
627 Posts
try to identify the the tuner, seems to be they all have there procedures

Reactions: Piper One

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, new and ignorant here! I bought a real nice 2012 3500 4x4 that went to crap in a matter of 2 weeks. It has a short and shuts on and off with door locks going but always catches and fires up before it totally stops except for once when I had stopped it died. That is irritating and I got a few ideas where to look and started already but I found an old tuner while hunting in the engine bay. It's a Stealth and hardwired. Also think there is something on the tranny. I also have a mass of emissions issues and it looks like the dealer tossed on some new and wrecking yard parts to make it legal to sell.

The question boils down to this. Can I rip out this old tuner and then have it actually run like a stock truck and have the DEF crap work? Per the scanner it all works like it should but I'm on the 3rd level warning and get ready to be reduced to 55. I'm not very interested in removing my emissions stuff at this point and really just want to use my expensive paperweight.
The Stealth is not a tuner. All it does is change the fuel injection parameters and help get rid of turbo lag. I had one on my 2015 and worked real nice. It shouldn’t be hard wired. All you do is unplug to the injectors and plug it into the harness. Should be able to unplug it and plug the harness back in, putting it back to stock. It doesn’t disable any emissions equipment. It’s very simple to install and remove.
Here is a link to the instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Proh

Reactions: leolkfrm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I should have said that it didn't plug into the obd port and looked like it was wired into the harness. It's probably a real good tape job. I'll take a look when this monsoon passes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts